Idle RPM issue. (open circuit for injector)

bedazzledhouse

Hello.

I own a 1.6 16v Leon 1M 2002 BCB engine. After i disassembled the engine because it had 2 axial bearings damaged, i repaired the crankshaft because it was affected by the bearings, and i unjammed the pegs (i don't know if this is the term but the french is taquet) because some of them were not working.

The problem started with the engine running like hell. After many investigations from which it resulted the changing of the distribution, oil filter, head gasket, fuel filter, oil, coils, spark plugs, now, the only symptom is that in idle mode the injector on cylinder 2 seems to be dead. But in higher revolutions, as in 2000 or either rpm that is not idle, the injector works. I changed the injectors between them form cylinder 2 to cylinder 3 and the problem still remains on cylinder 2. I measured and compared the voltage from the coils and from the injectors on cylinder 2 with the ones on cylinder 3. They both read the same values. I don't know what to think or what can i do. With vag-com now i don't receive any error. I once received an error that read:17646 - Fuel Injector for Cylinder 2: Open Circuit

P1238 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent.

Before deciding to disassemble the engine, I went to my local SEAT representative and stood there for 5 hours and the could not discover what it was. With all their testers and gadgets they couldn't say anything for sure.

I appreciate any information and any advice.

Thank you.

bedazzledhouse

but at rev's over 1500 the engine works fine, the injector works.... but only in rev's over 1500

bedazzledhouse

I went to another service that only does servicing on VW, Skoda, Audi and SEAT and the mechanic there, told me that if it was the wiring it wouldn't have worked at all. He also said that it is possible to be a slightly missarangement of the distribution. Also he said that if the distribution is ok it may be from the ECU an error from which the module from injection would not give information on cylinder's 2 injector to work. I don't know what to do anymore...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.