IHI Manifold

TurboCupra

Aug 24, 2007
Is there a version of the IHI Vf turbo range that will 'bolt up' to the stock ko4 exhaust manifold? :confused:

simch

Apr 12, 2004
I am pretty sure jabba do an adapter plate to bolt an ihi to the stock manifold, offer it on their stage 1 I think.....? Maybe only for the k04 manifold though, not sure.

I think if you are considering it as an option, it would be far better with the proper mani though, but I think the adapter plates are available.

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Bernard on here makes adapter plates for IHI onto K03 manifolds. He may be able to make a K04 --> IHI spacer?

I remember him mentioning there was an issue with the bolts stretching and leaking gasses, tho I think he may have redesigned this out.

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
You don't want to use the K04 manifold anyway, it's very restrictive. The K03 150/180 manifold flows better. I have some adapters made in 310 stainless to allow an IHI to bolt up this manifold. You would have to get your own downpipe made but I can supply laser cut stainless or mild steel flanges to suit the IHI.

Bernard

Bernard

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
are you sure about that bernard?

going by the look of the k04 mani and the k03 mani i would say the k03 flows better...

but that is just by eye obviously

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
lol

i ment to say :

"i wouldnt say the k03 flows better..."

...not :

"i would say the k03 flows better..."

Ibiza sport man

Dec 13, 2003
Kettering
Visit site
Hi

I must admit I haven't had one on a flow bench but I showed both to a guy who spends his life porting heads and manifolds and he fell about laughing at size of the ports and the tortuous paths in the K04 manifold. You can barely get your finger down any of them whereas with the K03 it's easy. Just to be sure, we are talking about the 210/225 BHP manifold part number 06A 253 033AJ ? I have a new one one my desk at the moment.

Bernard

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise