ihi's

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
just bought danny lads compleate ihi turbo kit was just wondering could i fit a vf35 turbo to the vf23 exaust housing to good effect ? as the vf35 has bigger turbo but smaller exaust housing and vice versa was just wondering if this would work as have both turbos :D any help would be great guys .

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
so would you deffinatly go for it danny? the only thing iam thinking is if it aint guna make hardly any difference i could sell my vf35 and earn £250 back against what ive just payed you ?

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
the vf35 is a better turbo for spool. where the vf23 is an all rounder

vf35 is fitted to 04 models some wrx/sti and the vf23 is fitted to the early classic sti 97/98

there is nothing to harm you swapping them over if you can do it correctly

VF23
This turbo is considered a great all-around turbo. Like the VF22 it utilizes the largest P20 exhaust housing. This housing is mated with a smaller compressor housing of the of the VF24. This turbo is considered optimal in applications with range from mild to slightly wild. It does not have the same top end power of the VF22, but spools up significantly quicker

The VF35 has identical internals as the VF30 and it uses divided thrust bearings. However, the exhaust housing is a P15 which means this turbo will have fantastic spool characteristics. This turbo is standard on the new WRX Type RA. The VF30 is commonly considered the best bang for the buck turbo in the IHI VF series line. A relatively new model the VF30 features the same exhaust housing as the VF24 but a larger compressor side similar to the VF22. The combination of these two parts results in increased output potential without the lag associated with the VF22. Although it doesn't offer the top end supremacy of the VF22, the VF30 is a great compromise between these unit and the quicker spooling models.

the vf30+ are a stronger turbo overall and are stronger than all below vf30's.

i have had both of these fitted to my car and i can asure you that the vf35 alone is better than the 23. but it depends on what you want. i have the vf45 now. (not saying anymore about that one though ;) :D)

main question is what are you after?????????

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
the vf35 is a better turbo for spool. where the vf23 is an all rounder

vf35 is fitted to 04 models some wrx/sti and the vf23 is fitted to the early classic sti 97/98

there is nothing to harm you swapping them over if you can do it correctly

VF23
This turbo is considered a great all-around turbo. Like the VF22 it utilizes the largest P20 exhaust housing. This housing is mated with a smaller compressor housing of the of the VF24. This turbo is considered optimal in applications with range from mild to slightly wild. It does not have the same top end power of the VF22, but spools up significantly quicker

The VF35 has identical internals as the VF30 and it uses divided thrust bearings. However, the exhaust housing is a P15 which means this turbo will have fantastic spool characteristics. This turbo is standard on the new WRX Type RA. The VF30 is commonly considered the best bang for the buck turbo in the IHI VF series line. A relatively new model the VF30 features the same exhaust housing as the VF24 but a larger compressor side similar to the VF22. The combination of these two parts results in increased output potential without the lag associated with the VF22. Although it doesn't offer the top end supremacy of the VF22, the VF30 is a great compromise between these unit and the quicker spooling models.

the vf30+ are a stronger turbo overall and are stronger than all below vf30's.

i have had both of these fitted to my car and i can asure you that the vf35 alone is better than the 23. but it depends on what you want. i have the vf45 now. (not saying anymore about that one though ;) :D)

main question is what are you after?????????

mr d not sure if you no but the vf35 is actually your turbo you sold me :p but any way how do you mean do it correctly ??? and also not really sure what i want seen as i have 2 turbos to hand just want to make the best out of both of them what do you think ??? .

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
well as long as the exhaust housinig is swaped professionally it shouldnt be a problem. however i have never seen any one on the scooby site doing this. otherwise if it was a good thing everyone wouold be doing it.

the 35 is the bigger and stronger turbo. so i would use that mate. the 23 is good but i upgraded that for the 35. and if you have danny lads then i think you will find they are both my turbos! lol
:D

cupraR59

Oct 4, 2009
grimsby
lol yeah i would use the 35 mate but am i rite in thinking that the 35 would not marry up yo the down pipe which has been made for the 23 or ami wrong ??? help its getting fitted tomorrow .

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
wrong! all vf series turbos have the same entries and exits. however dan did clock the turbo which you can do with the vf35. undo the clamp around the centre and turn it around.

im 110% turbo slag mate! im the pimp really speaking. everyone has my old stock. lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise