Improving Radio Signal

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Hi All,

I have an after market radio (Kenwood) and the radio signal is rubbish. Fitted a small stubby aerial the other day and it was almost non existant!!!!

Is there any quick and easy ways or gadgets you can plug in to make radio signal better?

Rich

meckanix

Jan 15, 2009
Try PC5-52 Seat Leon Amplified ISO - ISO Aerial Adaptor on ebay- just fitted one.... it does the job

I've just found one on the Irish eBay - http://cgi.ebay.ie/PC5-52-Seat-Leon-Amplified-ISO-ISO-Aerial-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ150357869639QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item2302070447&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14, but how the crackers do you fit it? I'm assuming that the black end goes to the stereo output and the silver end goes to the car aeriel, but the bit that gets me is the earthing of the device :headhurt:

Oct 17, 2006
northwest
you get a wire out of the amp thing and it goes (now try and stay with me..) into the 2 nd from the top right of the black cluster wire thing im sure its the bottom iso plug this is a 12v feed.

Allan

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Sorry Lee didn't see your post before I posted!

Had a look through improvigin radio signal and can find no post. Check all the posts you created and can't see anything obvious.

Could you post the link please.

Rich

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
You need to give the 12v back to the aerial that you have "removed" by fitting an aftermarket headunit.
One above the bottom line number 5

aurajs1.jpg

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Just need to connect it to a 12v ignition live scotch locks would be fine.
You could use the remote wire of the stereo, generally blue but double check.
Or you might have a spare bullet branching off he Kenwood loom, i think it is red for 12v ignition and yellow permanent 12v (or visa versa)

Funkyfin2000

Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
I always thought the blue remote sure was pointless...

Can I double check I could just get that blue remote wire and crimp it or bullet it to the red or yellow 12v?

Not sure about this no.5 on the diagram above, theres loads of no.5's?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Can I double check I could just get that blue remote wire and crimp it or bullet it to the red or yellow 12v?

No

Not sure about this no.5 on the diagram above, theres loads of no.5's?

You have it wrong.

take out the headunit, you now have an ISO that is fixed to the CAR loom.
Find number 5 by holding the ISO towards you and it is the 2nd from the right on the second line up.
You need to connect to that, chances are you need to connect to the back of he ISO.

That clearer?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise