In car Hotspot & Apple Car play

Mar 4, 2023
Anyone had issues with the in car hotspot not providing internet which also seems to cause problems with the wireless Apple CarPlay?

Suddenly I can can o my connect to the hotspot but it doesn’t provide any internet and Wireless Apple CarPlay continuously connects and disconnects.

I do have an eSIM plan which allows me to use the Apple Music online service so their is data getting to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
I also have eSIM but not activated yet. The car is on operational lease and forgot to ask them for the 2 keys. But I won't use the data plan as a hotspot frankly. I have unlimited data plan. Nowadays it is a standard. So why would need it ? Is it Apple Music included for an year as well ?

Jul 26, 2022
I don’t have a sim plan, but my CarPlay disconnects and reconnects just like you said. Did yours ever stay connected?

GenericSeat

Oct 29, 2021
UK
Wireless CarPlay doesn’t work when you’re connected to another WiFi network or using your phone as a hot spot. It’s one or the other I’m afraid; it’s because wireless CarPlay creates its own network and uses that along with Bluetooth.

Jul 26, 2022
Oh mine worked for the first 10 months then stopped. I’m not sharing or connected to anything unfortunately.

Nov 3, 2023
Same for me, I have seat arona & hotspot keeps switching on then off, I cant use android auto or apple carplay, is there a solution for this, did you find any real solution

Jul 26, 2022
I actually have an update, partially positive...

I've just been playing with CarPlay whilst waiting for my kid to come out of school, and I've got it connecting without drops.

I went to my Wi-Fi settings on my phone and switched off Auto-Join on the cars Wi-Fi. When I manually connect, it stays connected. If I then switch on Auto-Join, disable Wi-Fi and then enable it again, it connects then continues to drop and connect again continuously. Connecting manually again lets it stay connected.

I'm not sure what this means, but it does mean the hardware is capable of staying connected...

Mar 4, 2023
So cars eventually in the garage under its sales warranty not its Seat warranty, now over a week. They’ve came to the conclusion that it’s the F5 module that’s failed and currently sitting with an invoice value of over £300 before any parts have been ordered or fitted.

Currently sitting in limbo as the sales warranty only covers £1000 worth of work and the module has been quoted at £2500 before any other costs have been added for fitting, warranty and garage are going to see if they can get the current module refurbished before going back to the warranty underwrites to see if they will authorise the replacement.

The garage did say something a little confusing at the end of the call as they said they would pass everything back to the sales department of they can’t fix the issue

Mar 4, 2023
They’ve updated it to 1969 and still having the issue, it was on previous software before which was 1940 I think.

Only way it stops disconnecting is when they put in a different module

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members