Induction kit Cupra 300

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
So that’s me got the induction kit fitted and the exhaust silencer removed. Sounds amazing. I can’t upload videos though. Does this need to be done via you tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get the turbo muffler delete and induction hose as well?
Which Res delete pipe did you get and what's the droning like?

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
How does it sound now with the induction kit and exhaust silencer delete? Is there much difference? Is it too loud or not loud enough? Are the pops and bangs amplified?

It sounds totally different. It will be down to personal taste on how loud it is. I think it sounds great. No need to spend any more money on an exhaust imo. I have videos but I’m a little reluctant to post them without removing my reg plate off the videos. I’m not sure how to do this though

Deleted member 103408

Is there a big difference in sound between an open filter and enclosed version?

on my 280 i had stock, R600 and revo intake. the R600 is the best but i like the revo more because i can hear it sucking in air when using power. its not overpowering and on normal driving can be heard if you have radio off but under power makes a good sound.

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
The R600 is the best and keeps engine bay looking stock

if you want a look and a bit of noise (enough to enjoy but not spoil car) then there are several to choose from. i went revo simply because i got a good deal on a used one.
cdfea00a63b7dfbc923e444567a0fbc7.jpg
13a418a16b430609f8724c21aea47ac1.jpg
Thinking about doing this myself. I've noticed that the washer refill bottle is in a different position from my car. My bottle is on the bottom right and this may foul the intake kit? I'm a tad confused!?!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Can anybody who has a 300 already please post a picture of their engine bay.

Ramair are telling me they haven't fitted their kit to the 300 yet but if it's the same engine as the 290 it will fit. I know the engine is the same but is everything else in the same position or had anything moved which may interfere with the fit of the induction kit?

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Can anybody who has a 300 already please post a picture of their engine bay.

Ramair are telling me they haven't fitted their kit to the 300 yet but if it's the same engine as the 290 it will fit. I know the engine is the same but is everything else in the same position or had anything moved which may interfere with the fit of the induction kit?

Wow! Weird. I’ll get the details of mine. I’ll upload videos of my engine bay with and without. Sorry been working last few days

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Just ordered the Ramair kit with inlet elbow pipe. I'll get the turbo muffler delete next month when funds allow (still have months to wait until I get the car!!!!)
Hepstar, where did you get your exhaust silencer delete from and what make is it.
I look forward to seeing and hearing those vids on YouTube.

hepstar7

Oct 6, 2017
Just ordered the Ramair kit with inlet elbow pipe. I'll get the turbo muffler delete next month when funds allow (still have months to wait until I get the car!!!!)
Hepstar, where did you get your exhaust silencer delete from and what make is it.
I look forward to seeing and hearing those vids on YouTube.

Videos are on this thread:
Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...t/forums/showthread.php?t=442355&share_type=t

I went to a local sports exhaust centre. They just removed the silencer and replaced with a straight pipe I believe. What does the turbo muffler delete do?

Big poppa John

Jan 8, 2018
Staffordshire
Videos are on this thread:
Leon Cupra vs. Golf R vs. Audi S3 - sound
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...t/forums/showthread.php?t=442355&share_type=t

I went to a local sports exhaust centre. They just removed the silencer and replaced with a straight pipe I believe. What does the turbo muffler delete do?

Taken straight from the advert -

More air comes in, more air goes out, and so the flow of energy from your turbo should not be wasted. The OEM turbo muffler is just that, a wasteful restrictive part hiding the true potential of your street or track weapon.

This part will improve the sound of your turbo spooling and improve response due to its sleek single billet design that eliminates the restriction and turbulence caused by the OEM part.

CNC machined and finished in pro-series black finish the muffler delete is designed for increased throttle response, smoother air flow and enhanced turbo noise