Induction Kits

RYANBRZ

Sep 10, 2019
I was looking at getting the full R600 Racingline induction kit but the guy at APR said to just get the box and rather than using the turbo elbow, use a pipe that contacts directly to the turbo or something? Is this a better set up?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I was looking at getting the full R600 Racingline induction kit but the guy at APR said to just get the box and rather than using the turbo elbow, use a pipe that contacts directly to the turbo or something? Is this a better set up?

I wondered the same thing lately, check my thread for some user input:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/turbo-inlet-and-intake-upgrades.458161/

Personally I will go for the full MST intake once it is back in stock. For now I have a modified stock air box (snow grate removal).

Here's another great source to read:

http://mygolfmk7.com/best-mk7-gti-air-intake/
http://mygolfmk7.com/turbo-inlet-pipe/

Last edited:
Reactions: RYANBRZ

ray

Jan 7, 2016
I have the full r600 and the pipe work, there was a real difference in how the boost picks up between shifts, big improvement. Overall I’d say it seems faster but there’s also a noise improvement so it’s hard to tell what sort of bhp improvement there is. I’d guess between 5-10.

In terms of, is it worth it? Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The cheapest way to get a decent increase is use stock airbox with stock filter, but installed the turbo intake pipe.

I ran the VWR R600 with intake pipe, turbo muffler delete and GFB DV+

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
I have to say I only really noticed a real difference on my intake when I added the Revo intake airscoop at the front.

I’ve also got the MST elbow & hose with performance filter with snow grate removed.
Those items didn’t really make too much difference, maybe a slight improvement top top end of the Rev range.

Recently added the Revo carbon cold air scoop and it now feels much stronger throughout whole rev range.
I understand some people modify the stock air intake by drilling to achieve the same effect (opening up airbox side of the intake that is blocked off) so maybe it’s worth doing that also.

I wanted the carbon scoop as it looks amazing :)

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Installed it last week.

I’ve done plenty of runs in cold winter weather without the cold air intake, and plenty in the last week with it where ambient temperatures are roughly the same.

Definite improvement throughout Rev range since adding the Revo air scoop.

As I said you’d probably get the same effect doing the diy method if you want to save some money.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
Many opinions in this topic! Lol

But for reference I've made 373hp with an elbow, hose, panel filter and modified airbox! I just can't see an r600 adding any power to that!

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Many opinions in this topic! Lol

But for reference I've made 373hp with an elbow, hose, panel filter and modified airbox! I just can't see an r600 adding any power to that!

What modification did you do to the airbox ?

Opened up closed side ?

If you have modified the airbox in this way then as stated you’d likely see no difference as you already have the equivalent of a full intake.

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
What modification did you do to the airbox ?

Opened up closed side ?

If you have modified the airbox in this way then as stated you’d likely see no difference as you already have the equivalent of a full intake.
The usual, snow grate removed, opened up the blocked side on the front scoop and blocked off the feed to the engine bay!

Would love a little more intake noise but this setup works perfectly, so ya know, don't fix it if ain't broke! Lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.