info please on derv fr

greggz

i have a seat ibiza fr desil and wondering it runs at 170-180 bhp will an induction kit make it any better and also i ordered green cotton filter will this just go in where old one is and will it make difference:confused:

sssstew

Editing your spelling
been covered plenty of times before. mixed results.. some say better spool up of the turbo, better response. Others have noted little difference.

Overall its a worthwhile change, presuming you have the PD160 intake, then a green panel filter will suit it nicely.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
sorry to crash the thread

so looking through searched threads like sssstew said mixed reviews.

but i have a question that is relivent to this thread.

To Fit a BMC CDA to the derv you will have to Kink the Cold Air feed back on its self to get it to line up with the original Air Feed.. so based on FLOW am i right in thinking a Smoothed Airfilter with Green cotten Panel will flow better than a induction kit just becuase its a straight pipe?

i have to admit i always wanted teh BMC but looking at the curve in the pipe i am gonna have to make i just cant see it being effective or worth while.

maybe some one will answer my question :D
smee

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
is it an Fr? if it runs at 170-180bhp..then it has probalbly been remapped...? as they come stock at 130bhp..

anyway back to thread i have a green cotton filter and also the tdi cupra/pd160 intake...cant say it has made a lot of difference but im sure it has made it a touch louder....anyways it helps the engine to breathe...been covered loads on here...do a quick search..:)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I think you're splitting hairs, think about what the air that is sucked in through your (oh so badly bent pipe). It then goes round various tight corners, through the intercooler and then through the inlet manifold, the design of witch makes the mind boggle.

The turbo itself is normally a right angle anyway :rolleyes:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.