Initial thoughts (month of ownership)

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Hello all,

So I thought I would put down some things I've noticed after almost a month of ownership.

Leon FR ST 130 built mid march, collection end of April, SW 1890.

No particular order.

Adaptive cruise control, like the idea of it, but even when set to close it seems like a mile away, tends to be OK with road signs, it doesn't let you undertake understandably.

On that subject, question, can you just use standard cruise, there's a speed limiter but that doesn't help.

Screen / infotainment, seems to be OK, it crashed once on the 200 mile journey back home after collection, I get the voice control activate randomly, but I know I can either turn it off or the phase word off, so might do that soon.

Android Auto. So have a note 20 ultra, my Skoda Scala, you'd plug phone in and it would just work and charge phone, with this it seems I have to turn on Bluetooth all the time otherwise it won't connect, then it transfers to wireless, and doesn't always charge through the cable (both decent 3rd party and official cable) the wireless charger seems pointless to me it charges for 5 mins then stops my Partners iPhone 12 the same situation. Think this could be a heat thing, but it also is so slow, I just want to be able to charge.

Lane assist, doesn't seem quite as involved as my previous Skoda (not a good or bad, just an observation) but deactivating it via steering wheel, takes me away from my chosen screen, so have to flick through to get to my chosen one.

Driving modes, every time it starts in normal mode, which I find the steering so light most of the time (journey to work is duel carrigeway and motorway) so have to choose individual each time.

Not really had a chance to test aircon controls out during the dark really at this stage, did find it kept turning itself on, but seems to have stopped doing it recently.

Not had any sos popping that others have mentioned, but somewhere heard it was maybe 5G related!? Was going to say haven't really gone passed 5G Spot, but theres a little bit near work and I'm sure I've driven through on way back etc.

Another little thing, was the trip computer, usually you have the odometer reading the total and a trip, which I like to reset after refuelling to see total mileage in each tank, I've got round it by add since fuelling on the digi dash though so not the end of the world.

Engine, decent economy 53 mpg according to car on the 216 mile trip back down south, just shy of 4 hours, otherwise most journeys to work 17 miles is around 45-52 mpg, engine seems a little gutless, but hoping once its "run in" might feel a little better, would like to map it, but on a lease (might get the opportunity to buy it but we'll see)

Seems all I'm doing is complaining, but want to point out everything I've noticed.

I've got auto high beam, not had that on a car before, had a Lexus nx a couple years ago, for a day or 2, which had it and it was so slow to react, this seems very quick to react and I would trust it, didn't the Lexus.

Love the car overall, especially in Desire Red, it looks , glad I didn't choose the new blue (no offence to anyone that did) just my personal opinion.

Silly things, but I love all the lighting, so the Hola puddle /welcome light, the coast to coast lighting when unlocking (when it's dark) the wraparound lighting, again glad I chose that.

Seat connect / services, haven't really used them, unlocked the car once, but the time it took to do it seemed pointless, it's quite nice being able to check mileage related - mpg, miles till empty etc had this on my Skoda as well, wasn't used much either. Doesn't include online radio, so I used phone Hotspot for that, but then I've downloaded a couple free Internet radios to my phone and use it with android auto. Have used the send to car sat nav thing, but then it kept popping up for a while, so have t used that since.

Anyone that wants to know, I've got the Nexan tyres on. They seem alright to me but I'm not a tyre connoisseur! Did want the Michelins or Goodyears though! #tyresnob.

Anyway think that's enough rambling on, think I've covered everything, happy to take any questions - interested to hear other peoples thoughts /experience so far.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I get the voice control activate randomly, but I know I can either turn it off or the phase word off, so might do that soon.

Love the car, just not getting the chance to drive it more :cry: . Only since the OTA update to 1896 I've had the voice assistant activate randomly whilst my wife and I have been having a discussion (without saying Hola Hola). It never activated randomly before on 1804.

Reactions: Leonfr140

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
After a year of ownership, same car and colour, I too still love the looks and the engine improves a tiny bit once you get past 5k but you have to mash it hard as the throttle map gives nothing until the pedal is 3/4 down. However, it isn't a car I would ever trust to do a quick overtake in, it just has no torque at all unlike my previous MK3 1.4 150 FR.

I find the infotainment, lane assist systems and climate control the biggest issues, they are distracting and irritating even when working correctly - which isn't often. For example I've never had a car before that requires constant adjustment of the temperature to remain comfortable, my MK3 was set at 21 deg for the whole three year lease.

Overall I'm glad this is just another lease, unfortunately with two years left to run and I won't be sorry to see it go; having had several Leons in the past I think this will be my last one.

Reactions: Leonfr140

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Yeah I have previously had a mk3 1.4 150 FR, think this could really do with a map, would be so much better, 170 PS and 300 nm would be healthy but still have decent economy.

I've got it booked in for SW update, June 6, I'm on 1890 so don't expect big changes, but just to have the latest update would be good.

This is my 3rd Leon, mk 3 1.4 150 FR, MK3.5 1.5 130 FR then this, love the styling of Leons over anything else.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yern