Inlet Mani, Gasket?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Baiscly does the inlet mani have a gasket? The reason i ask is that if the weather holds out in the morning im wanting to whip it off and get it polished up, I dont want to remove it and find theres a gasket and not have a new one to put on.

Cheers.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you're not going to like the answer then

there's one Manifold to head, and another manifold to TB

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Yeah i'm 99% sure there is mate, i'm wanting to remove mine in the near future so would like to know for definate aswell.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Too late but i needed to know also. i don't suppose you know the part no. for the gasket for the manifold to the TB?

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
oh bugger, nevermind a job for nextweekend then!

Thanks anyway at least i didnt get it all apart then realise i needed the new gaskets.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
It has been done before mate!!

Would you need to take to the throttle body off or could you leave it on?

And if your taking the manifold off would you not need to take the injectors out? you may need new o-rings for them aswell?

I could be wrong, it has been known in the past! lol

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Now your complicating it!:p I thought it would just be a case of unbolting it then bolting it back on with new gaskets? Either way i would like to know the ins and outs as it needs to be done to match the charge pipe that i alredy done today.

Going by M0rks reply, i assume you would just need the gaskets otherwise he would have proberly stated what else is required.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
sorry mate, i'm not sure that you will, i was just putting it out there for consideration by the powers that might know weather you need to or not.

i will be taking them out as i'm looking at getting mine powder coated but as for polising i'm not sure.

Yeah m0rk will know more than i do as i'm just starting out in this game!! lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.