• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.
  • Hi Guest! New high quality keyrings are now available to pre-order: order yours now.

Installing Fan washers

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Guide now located in the new resources section of the site

Last edited:

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Great post. Are the cables for the heater part of the tube?

Oh, just seen they are not heated.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
East London E1-E2-E13
Excellent guide, i don't own a MK3 but i work closely with a SEAT dealer might talk them into offering this as an upgrade for all cars they sell.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Good work :)

Might have to look more closely into getting me a set of these too (in heated flavour).

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Mine arrived today. May not get around to installing them until next week but will post thoughts/photos as and when. Thanks again for the heads up.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Great good to go. 10 mins max. Have you got a 2mm Allen? You might need it to adjust. Clockwise is down / anticlockwise is up.
Still happy with my mod.
Find that the N/S jet is stronger probably because it's the first one on the pipe run. Same on the pistol sprays.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
No harder as long as you have the wiring already in place ie swapping heated jets for heated fans. There is a little heating element built into the same washer body. Price is about double.

To add the wiring is not difficult but would need access to the fuse box and a good knowledge of the wiring schematics of this car. I have not seen any yet. It would almost certainly cause raised eyebrows at the dealer if something went wrong.

Kali

Sep 7, 2013
Scotland, U.K.
No harder as long as you have the wiring already in place ie swapping heated jets for heated fans. There is a little heating element built into the same washer body. Price is about double.

To add the wiring is not difficult but would need access to the fuse box and a good knowledge of the wiring schematics of this car. I have not seen any yet. It would almost certainly cause raised eyebrows at the dealer if something went wrong.
Cheers mate. No, I don't have any wiring but seen ones from audi on ebay but think I won't bother with that and go with standard ones!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Great good to go. 10 mins max. Have you got a 2mm Allen? You might need it to adjust. Clockwise is down / anticlockwise is up.
Still happy with my mod.
Find that the N/S jet is stronger probably because it's the first one on the pipe run. Same on the pistol sprays.
You weren't kidding when you said this was easy. No more than 2 minutes for each.

I have not adjusted them and find them okay. Water no longer ends up on the roof. :)

No pics due to the poor weather!

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Well done. I noticed that at Motorway speeds the jet is lower down the windscreen. You might want to take that into account.

ian-mac

I got a set ordered up from Dave at SERE, just collected them today;

£42 for two heated jets, not too bad! A worth while upgrade

P/N for anyone who wants to order the heated ones; 5M0955986C9B9

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
Just got mine from the dealer! they had 3 in stock! they cost 300mxp wich is around 14 pounds. 7 pounds each! :D

I'll install them today and upload pics

Thanks for the guide!!

rcopus

Jun 6, 2012
Midlands
At £8.99 for the regular ones on eBay they're a steal. Just enquired with my local VW dealer and they want over £23 :-o
Not sure why there's such a dramatic difference in price.

Listers, parts supplier