Installing Sony ax3250, need advice

Jul 16, 2022
I am installing a new headunit and need to know if there is anything special I will need to be able to install this other than the keys, certain screwdriver bits and plastic tools.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I am installing a new headunit and need to know if there is anything special I will need to be able to install this other than the keys, certain screwdriver bits and plastic tools.
Hi you’ll need to run a switched 12v feed to your headunit unfortunately on these cars. You can buy a piggy back blade fuse from Halfords and use a switched power fuse in the fuse box on the drivers side of the dash on a right hand drive car.

My advice is on the basis that your car still has the standard headunit if it has a aftermarket one already someone’s already run a feed for you.

Jul 16, 2022
Hey, so the Sony headunit came with the but I also had to pick up a iso harness adapter, last issue is I'm not sure where the 2 switched live go into the standard block, I have attached what my block looks like and it has 5 connected to it, I know 2 of those but unsure which each of the 3 others are?
Hi you’ll need to run a switched 12v feed to your headunit unfortunately on these cars. You can buy a piggy back blade fuse from Halfords and use a switched power fuse in the fuse box on the drivers side of the dash on a right hand drive car.

My advice is on the basis that your car still has the standard headunit if it has a aftermarket one already someone’s already run a feed for you.
Hey, so the Sony headunit came with the but I also had to pick up a iso harness adapter, last issue is I'm not sure where the 2 switched live go into the standard block, I have attached what my block looks like and it has 5 connected to it, I know 2 of those but unsure which each of the 3 others are?

Attachments

• PXL_20221223_130320028.jpg
    PXL_20221223_130320028.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 62

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020

Hi I’m the big black block there will be a 12v constant live you’d need to cut that and join in your 12switched live from your fuse box.
You can just plug the iso in and fit it all together but normally the headunit wont turn off and will be constantly live on this plateform of car unfortunately. I’ll try getting a photo from my donar car tomorrow if I can get into the car far enough and should you the exact cable colour and location my my block.