Interior Fan Failuire.

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Guys,

For those of you that start to hear a ticking sound from somewhere under the glovebox in your Alteas, beware as it's about to fail and seize, mine failed on a very wet M25 last Friday night !!!
:censored:

Stopped to check it wasn't the fuse which it wasn't so had 80mile drive in rain
having to keep the windows open just a bit just to keep the windscreen clear
of condensation.

Rang garage and spoke to service desk, to get them to replace it as the car has just 6 weeks left of warranty !!
(Glad it happened when it did)

Apparently its the 3rd one they've had to do, fortunately it only took them a hour to fit yesterday, still it was interesting listening to the service desk from where the waiting area seating was !!

It's no wonder the're known as 'stealers'

Cheers
Mark.

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
mine makes a clicking noise under the gove box for a while when i turn the fans on, its done then since i got it about 3 months ago.

There aint much warrantly left on mine either!

goodwill

Interior Fan failure

Had mine replaced but still clicks, However there is a strange squealing sound from the passenger air vent as of today. have just done 58700 miles so better get in quick.:rolleyes:

Tell

Staff member
Sure that clicking sound isn't the one that's been talked about where you need the aircon reset ?.

Anyhow with all this dampness, today has been murder with more moisure inside the glass than out of it. I had to break my golden rule of never touching the inside glass to demist it. A puff of Altea air wasn't going to shift very heavy condensation.

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Following on from chatting to the service manager at the garage whilst my car was in getting its new fan.

An interesting point made, any repairs the stealer carries out under the normal 3 year manufacturers warranty expire when the 3 years are up.

So anything that breaks after that period the stealer will guarantee for 24months, but if it was repaired a month before the warranty expires you'll have to pay for the repair should it fail again a couple of months after the 3 years are up.

Hope this makes sense !!:think: