Interior Styling...

EastMidland_Red

Im happy with the exterior with my Arosa at the minute, but im just wondering how to make the inside look better.

Its quite plasticy and plain and grey, i want something to make it look better without spending much... what would you reccommend?

Rattic

May 29, 2007
Runcorn, UK
www.rattic.co.uk
I hated the cold feeling of my all grey interior too. I found it best to get on google image and browse the pics here and at club lupo forum to see what other people have got and done. I noticed that the black interior cars all seemed to look sooo much better, so I ended up hunting down various interior parts on ebay. I would suggest avoiding universal parts as I found most of them dont fit and were a waste of money. I think the biggest changes I made were the black doorcards and the tailor made car seat covers, though the covers were the most expensive. I still want to change a few things, but check out my post here if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1732616&postcount=126

EastMidland_Red

I know this is going to sound stupid but by 'painting' what do you mean exactly?

I couldnt exactly paint the dashboard could i?

EastMidland_Red

The insdes of my doors are a material, its grey with little green bits and looks horrible. Do you think i should look atound for new door panels?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
The insdes of my doors are a material, its grey with little green bits and looks horrible. Do you think i should look atound for new door panels?

I recovered mine - althought its fadded now and needs re-doing, maybe time for a change!

Best to get some spare cards in case you mess up, then just use some patience, lots of Copydex, and some carefull cutting and folding. Oh, and the fabric is best if it has some stretch..
My first attempt wasn't too good, but with a bit of practice you can get something decent.

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
No, not staples :happy:

But lots of Copydex over the surface, and clips/pegs to hold the edges over until it dries. And go slowly, practice fitting the material without glue first, iron in any tucks and creases it might need first, then work from one edge accross.

EastMidland_Red

CopyDex? Sorry if i seem stupid, but im new to these things...

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
0421510201.jpg

Fishy smelling glue, but very good for fabric!

EastMidland_Red

Would you reccommend putting it over the origional fabric, or taking the old stuff off?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Straight over - its pretty tough to get the original stuff off!

*shameless plug* I even have a set of cards here if you would be interested in a set to practice on ;)

Hehe

EastMidland_Red

Do the cards come off the door and go back in easily?, because i dont want to pull them out then have great gaping holes in my car...

Thanks for the help by the way...

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
The rear cards are just held in with clips - just grab and pull them, you *will* break some of the clips so don't worry if you do, VW can supply new ones.

The front cards you need to remove the front of the grab handle - wedge a flat blade screwdriver (wrapped in some cloth) into the lower edge and lever it off. Then undo the two bolts you will see inside, and pull off - more clips hold the rest of the card on.

:)

EastMidland_Red

Well i'll hae a look tomorow and see what i can do

I'll post some pics up too...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.