Intermittent limp mode

Oct 10, 2022
Seat Leon 2009 BMN PD170 intermittently going into limp mode usually when I put my foot down.
It doesn’t always happen, I can put my foot down all night and it’s fine but then it’ll randomly go into limp mode. One time the flashing glow plugs light came up but switching the car off and on usually sorts it out.
Error codes are
00258 Mass air flow sensor G70 signal too low p0102 short with ground - intermittent

00665 boost pressure regulation control range not reached po299 short with power - intermittent

anyone have any clues?

Oct 10, 2022
MAF, N75 and turbo actuator are where I'd start looking.

You may have more than one issue.
Thanks for the reply, my friend told me to check the rod on the actuator to see if it moves up and down and I checked it and it didn’t, it was seized solid. It’s a pd170 and I’m pretty sure they are electronic, the car was turned off when I checked this rod, what does this mean?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
With the MAF code, i would assume either the MAF itself is starting to fail, or you may have damaged wiring where it goes into the connector.

No point worrying about that until you have sorted the actuator though. I'm not a diesel guy, so i'll leave it up to someone else to advise you on the best course of action with the turbo.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Sounds like you need a garage or someone you know who's got some experience with the engine.

If the actuator rod is seized it could be a ****** actuator, or it could be the turbo veins are seized and stopping the actuator.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members