Introduction..

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Hi there folks,

I'm Matt, I have had a 2002 Leon Cupra 1.8 20vt, since end of 2005.

She's done me well and not really cost me a lot to keep running.

Sadly, as I'm a big guy :wave: the drivers chair has now broke 3 times.( to be expected after all these years I guess.)

I have bought a new interior to put in, black leather all seats, and door cards, paid £120, which I thought was a bargain....

Only thing is, the front seats are electric and mine never were..... I spoke to SEAT(local dealership) and they said that the plugs will be there, just hidden under the carpet.....
My local garage think that might not be strictly true....

If anyone has any thoughts on this, id be most grateful for a heads up...….For ref, the interior came out of a '53' plate Leon...Hope that helps...

If i'm to post somewhere else then I will do so while I have a look around the forum.

Thanks for reading folks...
:cheers:
Matt

B1gM477

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks Rooster, Hi there. . I've found one thread about door leaks and posted there.... Just need to find a thread about electric seats upgrade for a 1M1. .
If I can't, where would I post about that?
Many thanks

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Howdy,

Sounds like she’s serving you well and nice upgrade to leather.

I have little experience with SEATs as new member myself but best to post under the relevant car mk section mk1 mk2 etc and do a new post with a relevant title so people can search easily and help you out.

As for the electric question it’s a bit hit and miss...some manufacturers variants do have the connectors as it’s easier and cheaper to just design and manufacture one loom and just connect as necessary they’re just not used or blanked off where not needed (my wife’s car has t he loom for rear camera so if we wanted one just needs plugging in behind the cowling in the boot for example) but then some don’t...easiest thing would be to take the drivers seat out and peel back the carpet (or even just feel really hard through the carpet to see if you can feel for a plug although I’m not sure how successful that would be but if you’ve got to take the seat out anyway it would be worth trying).

If you post under the Leon MK1 section I’m someone will be able to help further.

Sep 18, 2023
Hi everyone I'm a newbie I'm Kelvin from St Helens proud owner of a 58 plate Amarillo citrus FR550, I adore the mark 2 Leon this is my 2nd, had a 55 plate 2 litre reference sport. Only modification on my 550 is a stage one re-map lifts output to 205 bhp and 420nm of torque takes an already mean performer into a different performance level.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.