iPod with new Leon Cupra ST

druddle

I want that one........
Aug 7, 2003
Berkshire
I just bought a Nov2020 Cupra Leon ST today. When i plug my old 160GB iPod into to the infotainment system, it tells me its not recognised. Is there any way to get it to work, or am I going to have to copy all the MP3s onto a big memory stick !!!

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
I don't know anything about Apple devices, but you might be able to mount it as usb storage, which simulates a flash drive.

Otherwise I think your stuck with a memory stick. There no usb related settings I've seen and as it's a new MIB system I doubt they added specific support for iPods as they are most probably seen to be outdated from a technical perspective

Deleted member 123864

I don't know anything about Apple devices, but you might be able to mount it as usb storage, which simulates a flash drive.

Otherwise I think your stuck with a memory stick. There no usb related settings I've seen and as it's a new MIB system I doubt they added specific support for iPods as they are most probably seen to be outdated from a technical perspective
You might want to tell Apple that the iPod is outdated because they’re still selling them! 😉

1618871881482.png

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
That's the iPod touch, by old iPod I was assuming they meant the older IPod classic with buttons. But I'm happy to be wrong this is what you get when you call several completely different pieces of hardware by the same name :LOL:

Reactions: shanec07

druddle

I want that one........
Aug 7, 2003
Berkshire
Yeah I have the old 160GB iPod classic. Surprisingly it still works OK !!!! I wonder if the touch will work though.

John Clark

Sep 18, 2021
Yeah I have the old 160GB iPod classic. Surprisingly it still works OK !!!! I wonder if the touch will work though.
Sorry for the late reply, but I've just picked up a 21 plate Leon Mk4 (phev).

I've tried attaching a usb stick with various tracks on and that's fine. I've tried plugging in an 160gb ipod classic (Currently on 2.05 by the look of it) with three different leads but it doesn't seem to recognize it so far. Do you just plug it in and it finds it under media please?

One ad I saw for my car before I bought it mentioned an aux socket, but the dealers(Who didn't run that advert) said there wasn't one. Can't see one anyway.
(If all else fails, I've got an FM transmitter for it, but I'd prefer to control it more from the dash)

John Clark

Sep 18, 2021
Sorry - Misunderstood your post and thought you'd got it to work with the car rather than just the ipod working :(

I've tried an fm transmitter and the radio doesn't seem to pick it up yet. There is a bluetooth adaptor on Amazon (and possibly elsewhere) that plugs into the 30 pin socket, but some of the reviews indicate it kills the battery and isn't a through socket.

I'll probably poke my dealer and ask them if they have any ideas. If not, maybe hard drive/usb stick.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members