Is it better to Sync screen to headrest player via HDMI or RCA

Jun 19, 2020
Hi, I have installed 2 headrest players on the back seat of Seat Toledo, they are connected through the RCA cable.

Now I'd like to get a new car stereo with HDMI output so that I cam sync the screen from head unit to the headrest players.

I got the XTRONS PQ90MTVL. Now I found that I can export video either from RCA or HDMI. Is it better to use the RCA cable or HDMI cable? What is the difference?

Thanks.

vw.man

Apr 17, 2020
HDMI will allow you to feed a full HD (1920 x 1080) picture; RCA will give you only SD / standard def picture. So HDMI would be better, BUT...

I've had a quick look at the specs of your unit and whilst it says it can play 4K, the screen itself is only 1024 x 600. It doesn't say what quality picture it outputs through HDMI - it could be anything.

I'd go for HDMI as it will give you UP TO 1920 x 1080, whereas the RCA won't.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I would do whatever is cheaper and easier. Tiny headset screens - does it matter if the picture is HD or SD? Movies look great on a PSP with only 272 lines or so.

Jul 5, 2020
Hi, I have installed 2 headrest players on the back seat of Seat Toledo, they are connected through the RCA cable.

Now I'd like to get a new car stereo with HDMI output so that I cam sync the screen from head unit to the headrest players.

I got the XTRONS PQ90MTVL. Now I found that I can export video either from RCA or HDMI. Is it better to use the RCA cable or HDMI cable? What is the difference?

Thanks.
I have one pair of headrest monitors from XTRONS too, i connect them to my xtrons radio, no via HDMI though, but RCA cables. it's an amazing setup. the kids at the backseat can enjoy themselves

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members