Is my dealership taking the piss??

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Ok as some of you may already know the car was at the dealership with what i was told by the AA guy and the dealer a ECU fault.
Then after a week of me waiting for the new ecu to arrive be fitted and coded they turn around and tell me that the problem is a water damaged relay and that the water has gone in via the the gromit that i made a hole through to get the boost guage pipe into the cabin (most of you know how small the hole is!!!.
So now i have to pay £182 for them replace this relay as its not covered under warranty.
First of all they need 2 hours labour which seems a lot for a relay??
Second they tell me this after 1 week of me having to run around for curtesy cars and them tellin me its the ecu and thats why its taking so long to fix.
I feel like they taking the piss specially as ive owned the car from new for 8 month and this is the 3rd time its broken down!!
Any thoughts??

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
I think you right in thinking there taking the pee.
Tell them to keep the relay and source one yourself

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
If they had told me on day1 that this relay was the prob and that its my fault cuz water got in it then i would pay the £182 and forget about it (altho i dont think water got in that way!!!)
But after a week of me runin round for cars and been told its ECU fault over and over again every time i rang its rite pissed me off!!!!

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
LEON_FR said:
If they had told me on day1 that this relay was the prob and that its my fault cuz water got in it then i would pay the £182 and forget about it (altho i dont think water got in that way!!!)
But after a week of me runin round for cars and been told its ECU fault over and over again every time i rang its rite pissed me off!!!!
LOL fuel pump relay then, and not ecu hhmmm i told em so:p

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
lol yeah u were rite!
Do you know where this relay is located? 2 hours to replace it seems a long time! work faster u lazy bast*rds!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
LCR mat said:
did you not reseal the hole with silicone?

ERM...no i knind off forgot all about it..:cry:
altho the hole is so so so small i really cant see how water could have gone in there!
I pick the car up 2mora afternoon so i will ask them to show me where the water has gone in.
i had the windscreen replaced under warranty could it be they didnt seal thet properly?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
seen water travel from a battery connector all the way down a tight wrapped loom before now

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Yeah i see what u mean and i was okish with payin for it but after a little research i found out that "many leons have sufferd from a leak in the same spot due to a poor fitted water shield cover" (honestjohn.co.uk) and also after lookin through the SEAT forums ive found a few people who have had this prob without having fitted a boost gauge or tamperd in anyway with the car.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
but the ownus is now on you to prove that your tampering didn't cause it - because they can show you did

2hrs labour to fault find sounds like you got off cheap

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
m0rk said:
but the ownus is now on you to prove that your tampering didn't cause it - because they can show you did

2hrs labour to fault find sounds like you got off cheap

Oh i know i aint gonna win this one and that the £182 is as good as theirs but at least i will show him the print outs and have a good old moan about it!!

CupraSteve

Feb 3, 2006
didnt think garages could charge you to diagnose a problem, like if i went in and said my clutch didnt work, they would obviously have to spend time finding out why, but i wouldnt have to spend a penny until it came to actually fixing it, i could by all means say oh ok and take the car elsewhere

Ju.

Oct 4, 2004
Bradford
CupraSteve said:
didnt think garages could charge you to diagnose a problem, like if i went in and said my clutch didnt work, they would obviously have to spend time finding out why, but i wouldnt have to spend a penny until it came to actually fixing it, i could by all means say oh ok and take the car elsewhere
Yes they can charge you AND they can keep your keys till you've paid!!!. It happened to me with a previous car and a main dealer.[:@]

Dom Polo Gti

Rich if you had bought a tdi like you were advised none of this would of happened! The best thing you can do is pick rat boy up from abp and take him down with you when you collect your car. Tell ratboy there is aplate of cheese in it for him if he naws through the staff at stoke seat. Na na na na nah!!!!:lol:

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Dom Polo Gti said:
Rich if you had bought a tdi like you were advised none of this would of happened! The best thing you can do is pick rat boy up from abp and take him down with you when you collect your car. Tell ratboy there is aplate of cheese in it for him if he naws through the staff at stoke seat. Na na na na nah!!!!:lol:

Well i love this planet we live in so i wouldnt want to add to the hole we got on our atmosphere with all that black **** sorry i mean smoke.:drive2:
I wouldnt want him in my car in case he starts to chew on stuff...
Premier Seat Stoke next time you steal £182 off me can you PLEASE put the engine cover back on...thanks:censored:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise