Is the Formentor a reliable car?

Is the Formentor reliable and are you pleased to have bought one?

• Yes

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Not owned it long enough to form a view

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
My conclusion after 8k and 7 months of ownership, Mechanically the car is great, it drives exceptionally well and looks great, But there are many software glitches and strange behaviours that mainly centre around the infotainment screen but others happen randomly out of the blue many of them covered in this forum, which does detract somewhat from the positivity
I guess / hope over time the issues will get resolved...........

that said, I love the car and generally am very happy with it and will put up with the gremlins inside ;) Cupra Formentor V2 190 DSG 4drive

Bsorin

Jun 21, 2022
One year and 55000km without any problems. 2.0tsi 190hp. Just infotainment being slow and laggy for the first couple of minutes, and keyless entry have some issue when moist, dirty and cold.
Today had the second maintenance, and brake pads had to be changed and mib updated to 1899 - feels better so far.
I have a Leon xperience also for 285000km and not a single major issue.

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Just fetched mine back today, V2 eHybrid, after update to 1899 and second years service plus a recall for battery module replacement. No issues of note since update to 1896 last year. Mine's only done 9400 miles (15000km) so far. Love it!