Is the FR the best sporty diesel option ?

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
We looking to move on the G/F Grande Punto 1.9D sporting, want good performance, economy and comfort.
Tried a BMW 1 Series, nice, but seemed a bit to conservative !!
When it comes to sporty diesels SEAT seem still be the leader ?....Yes no ?

Looked at a new Supercopa, test drive next Saturday, looks great, not that I like the idea of buying new and loosing 50% in 3 years. ...... So a FR with a BTCC kit on would be a used option.

What else to try ? We have one Leon, my 07 Cupra, with BTCC and all the extras, so wasn't sure I want two cars the "same" ... :confused:

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Go and drive a Volvo S60 D3 or D5. I currently have a D3 on the drive whilst my MB is being repaired. The 5 cylinder engine growls an howls, the turbo whistles and the 300lb per foot of torque means your always in the right gear. Very impressed so far.

It's also nice to drive, soaks up the bumps on the road and fairly refined.

My only grumbles would be the steering feeling a tad numb where feedback is concerned and the dash feeling plasticy. But then I'm used to an MB.

A bit of a sleeper as well unless you get the R design model.

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
We were thinking of a C30, till we saw the boot, or lack of it..... Not that we want a big car, but my camera bag would have filled it !!!!! .... Yes the 5 pot sounds great.... use to have a S60 as company car, bigger than my G/F wants to drive.......

Won't have another Fiat group car..... They don't last !!!!

9designs

Sep 21, 2002
Rugby
Visit site
Some seem to have the BTCC kit as well, on sellers site I found anyway... they have 5 of them !

Found the company that did the Leather seats in my Cupra, Duncan Smith Automotive.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Golf gt 170, renault megane renaultsport think there 150 but remap will help.
Civic i d-tec. Great car and ubber quiet for a diesel plus remap seeing around 190bhp
Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Houseitems

Golf gt 170, renault megane renaultsport think there 150 but remap will help.
Civic i d-tec. Great car and ubber quiet for a diesel plus remap seeing around 190bhp
Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, who's remapping Civics then please?

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
BMW 320d, 184bhp 280ibs, 7.5 sec 0-60. near 50-50 weight ratio, rear wheel drive, 48.7 mpg around town, 74.3 mpg on the motorway i have not seen anything beat it for fuel eco vs power.

335d for the ultimate D nothing touches it! (D wise) remapped you will see 340bhp over 500ibs.

No FR D is not the best sporty option but is in your list of cars so far.

Last edited:

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
Alfa Giulietta 170bhp. Build quality might be a bit suspect and the names crap but looks good and gets decent reviews.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
BMW 320d, 184bhp 280ibs, 7.5 sec 0-60. near 50-50 weight ratio, rear wheel drive, 48.7 mpg around town, 74.3 mpg on the motorway i have not seen anything beat it for fuel eco vs power.

335d for the ultimate D nothing touches it! (D wise) remapped you will see 340bhp over 500ibs.

No FR D is not the best sporty option but is in your list of cars so far.

My dads 330d m sport coupe is a MY2011. It does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (automatic) and he achieves 42.1 average from it, he does mainly town driving too! Too bad its currently up for sale!

manhota

Apr 21, 2010
west mids wolves area
My dads 330d m sport coupe is a MY2011. It does 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (automatic) and he achieves 42.1 average from it, he does mainly town driving too! Too bad its currently up for sale!

I think there amazing cars for the money at the top with engine tech, really good handling cars out the box for summer runs and less likely to let you down. defo gettin a bmw next.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise