Is there any OBD2 software for Win that shows boost/data/etc

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Damn you all, just got a £20 eBay special Bluetooth adaptor and the free version of Torque installed to test it before getting the full version ...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Right, Bluetooth ELM327 adapter turned up today, plugged into ODB2 port on LCR, fired up, scanned and found the adapter on my phone (CBT) and paired to it (default pin was 1234) and it got all the information across and mostly worked with Torque on my HTC Desire (Android 2.2)

Throttle position, MAF g/s, engine coolant temperature etc. all seemed to work, though the Boost psi display didn't work, not sure if that's actually provided by the ECU in the LCR?

Got back in car after lunch, tried doing the same thing again and it connects to the adapter but can't query the engine anymore - tried unpairing and re-pairing to the device with no luck - none of the lights aside from the red power light on the ELM327 are lit anymore, so not sure if it's the phone->ELM327 or EML327->ECU connection that's crapping out - will have to play a bit more with it later.

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Yes boost is read from the OBD port my LG reads it.

Hmm, strange, maybe something with this ELM327 from China then, as the Boost display was constantly saying "no data" even when all the other dials (throttle position etc.) were working OK.

Just thought do you need to remove the k line if you have an aftermarket head unit?

Erm, pass ... I'm on the standard tape headunit + 6-disc changer ...

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Hmmm, need to go and test it again now I think ... no manuals or anything came with it (even on the CD) so want to work out if I've changed any of the settings in Torque which has broken it

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i dowloaded that obd scope and ran the app for the 1st time, its saying that i have about 5 faults, now thats really strange as the car is parked 2 streets away and i dont have anything plugged into the obd port, soooooooooo erm im kinda lost here !

How much did you pay for your bluetooth adpter and where from?
want to get it for n96, so annoying carrying the laptop back an fort to the car lol....:D

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just installed the scope software on my phone (no bluetooth yet)... says i have 4 fault codes stored already pmsl... Trotttle pedal switch, engine overboost condition, turbo charger boost sensor malfunction and exhaust gas recirulation flow malfunction....

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Fixed mine - needed to turn bluetooth off and on again on the phone, works a charm.

Still no data for the boost guage - did you have to add a custom PID for it?

Also, not sure if this is the car or the adapter or the logging interval, but the max g/s I've seen for the MAF is around 150 (standard 210 LCR)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Throttle position, MAF g/s, engine coolant temperature etc. all seemed to work, though the Boost psi display didn't work, not sure if that's actually provided by the ECU in the LCR?

Kev, I'm on the same setup as you (Desire with 2.2, the ebay adaptor, and a LCR 210) and so probably unsurprisingly, have had the same experience as you have. Got it all working, except the boost gauge. Only given it a partial test, waiting for my car cradle to arrive before I take it for a moving test.

Ive registered on the forums there and theories range from the LCR not having the correct sensor (MAF vs MAP - not sure what the MAP sensor is tbh) and also PID/blocks not being known to read the relevant value.

The creator does seem to be open to updating the product so hopefully it can get added in. I think that the people that have posted on SCN about getting boost pressures, have non-LCR Leons (Mo, Lee) so maybe that changes the PIDs needed to read the data???

Anyway, will wait and see. Dont know about the fault scanning capabilities, as I havent got any (touch wood) but we'll see!!! All in all, worth the money IMO.

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Kev, I'm on the same setup as you (Desire with 2.2, the ebay adaptor, and a LCR 210) and so probably unsurprisingly, have had the same experience as you have. Got it all working, except the boost gauge. Only given it a partial test, waiting for my car cradle to arrive before I take it for a moving test.

Ive registered on the forums there and theories range from the LCR not having the correct sensor (MAF vs MAP - not sure what the MAP sensor is tbh) and also PID/blocks not being known to read the relevant value.

The creator does seem to be open to updating the product so hopefully it can get added in. I think that the people that have posted on SCN about getting boost pressures, have non-LCR Leons (Mo, Lee) so maybe that changes the PIDs needed to read the data???

Anyway, will wait and see. Dont know about the fault scanning capabilities, as I havent got any (touch wood) but we'll see!!! All in all, worth the money IMO.

Yeah I've not seen any faults yet - going to try the adapter in the Octy tomorrow which has thrown faults in the past.

As to boost, the MAP PID is an ODB standard one, so maybe the 210 LCR doesn't have a MAP sensor - may have ask AmD next time I talk to them ...

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
If youre wanting to see if it picks up any faults, just unplug a sensor that wont throw the EML or limp mode, like N75, MAF etc, turn engine over for 2 secs then rescan...

DJ-LIAMC

VAGisclean
May 31, 2009
Loughborough
Yeah I've not seen any faults yet - going to try the adapter in the Octy tomorrow which has thrown faults in the past.

As to boost, the MAP PID is an ODB standard one, so maybe the 210 LCR doesn't have a MAP sensor - may have ask AmD next time I talk to them ...

Of corse the lcr has a map sensor its just infront of the battery, shows boost through vagcom, maybe an update for the software is needed

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Right, done a bit of digging on the Turbo Boost Guage - it appears that Torque uses PID ff1202 (which is non-standard) however there is a standard PID of 0B which is Intake manifold absolute pressure - however, the MAP returns the data as kPA so I think you can add a custom PID to monitor 0B but convert kPA to psi to have a boost guage ...

Plugged it into the Octy vRS (PD170) and it retrieved a fault-code - intermittent circuit failure on the MAF (which had the light on the dash displayed for a few hours a few weeks back) and also the boost guage worked straight off without any problems - seems to peak at 21psi and idle at -0.3psi ... wasn't able to see what the MAF readings peaked at.

Going to try adding RPM, MAF, MAP to the logging PID's and do a run in the Octy to see if the logs it produces are useful as an alternative to VAGCOM logs ...

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Scratch that.

ODB-II PID 01 0B (MAP) returns data on the Octy (99kPa/14.1psi at idle) however the LCR doesn't return any data at all so even that can't be used - definitely seems as if the 1M AMK ECU uses slightly different ODB-II PID's for the manifold pressure/boost (and not even the ODB "recommended" standard PID which the Octy (based on the same platform as 1P Leon) does)

Bah!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members