Is this a good price? Brakes...sorry!

ericg

Hey everyone,

I am having brake issues, and I know there are loads of posts on here but I am just full up with OEM, EBC, red stuff, grooved, drilled things going through my head so....

Is this a good deal:

ebay.co.uk/SEAT-LEON-CUPRA-R-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-FERODO-DS2500-PADS_W0QQitemZ360174365594QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53dc10ab9a&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_trkparms=|293%3A1|294%3A30

I have been hmm'ing and haw'ing about getting grooved or solid discs but keep coming round to the fact that I do want my car to stop quickly. I do not drive rally style or anything crazy but i do have a 'small' need for speed and I have had 3 dodgy incidents in recent weeks and I have thought afterwards that my brakes could have done a better job! Is the setup above pretty good?

I'm not rich at the moment (who is) but I think this is an acceptable price..any opinions?

Thanks.

ericg

Sorry, should have said its:

SEAT LEON CUPRA R FRONT BRAKE DISCS FERODO DS2500 PADS (rears too)!

for £350 + delivery!
Just in case you don't want to look at the old fleabay!!

I assume CRN make their own discs but I am not sure about that either.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Price seems okay, but the best compromise between OEM and full race spec is Brembo discs, eliptically grooved from Badger 5 with DS2500 pads. This will be closer to 400 GBP though

ericg

Ah crap.

I really do not know what to buy. I was willing to stretch to £350 but really cant afford anything more. I could get away (I think) with just replacing front discs and pads and putting lesser discs and pads on back if they are needed.

Is that safe?

The garage are going to price solid discs and pads but they will probably be apec or similar quality.

Its a tough decision.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Ah crap.

I really do not know what to buy. I was willing to stretch to £350 but really cant afford anything more. I could get away (I think) with just replacing front discs and pads and putting lesser discs and pads on back if they are needed.

Is that safe?

The garage are going to price solid discs and pads but they will probably be apec or similar quality.

Its a tough decision.

Solid discs are a no no, infact I doubt you could get solid discs in 28mm as that would be a fair lump of metal. Vented only on the LCR. 323mm x 28mm.
The rears don't have to be anything special, Bagder 5 Bill runs OEM spec discs and pads on his 600BHP ish Ibiza race car

KupraKid

Dec 13, 2008
Ramsgate, Kent
i was looking at the dame deal on Ebay...but again unsure with whether to get the drilled discs. Has anyone got drilled discs, are they more likely to crack, cause more wear to pads...? Again, not gonna be using the LCR for track days...

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
We at CRN, can get brembo discs with no probs. We use genuine discs, for cars such as megane 225, and some honda cars. And also the obvious bmw and audi.

Any info drop me a pm ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members