Is this a problem with the Ibiza, or a feature...?

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
I've managed to get my Ibiza into a state whereby I can't put power down, but the engine is still running, ticking over at 800RPM, and all the electronics are still working.

Said state has occured twice with my Ibiza and I managed to do it on my test drive as well. It only happens when at very low speed.

This morning I think I've found out how to reproduce the issue. I was sat in a queue of traffic and then as I set off in 1st I accidently knocked it into 4th instead of 2nd :whistle:. Upon lifting the clutch the car jerked a little bit, so I changed the gear into 2nd and put my foot down - nothing happened, but the engine was still ticking over at 800RPM and everything inside was still running.

I've not had chance yet to re-attempt this, but is this a known problem or a damage prevention measure of some kind? The only way to be able to move again is to turn the engine off and on again. :confused:

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
Can't say I've noticed. To be honest I've been more concerned with the traffic behind me. I'll try it in a controlled environment, but I expect it will still be working as the engine is still running.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
weird, it might be some kinda safety function wherey it's stalled but the engine is kept running through witchcraft so that you maintain powersteeing and don't crash.

but if the engine is kept running then it shouldn't need ot be reset.

I'll have a play tonight using your 1st to 4th technique and report back unless anyone has a more sensible/less black magic suggestion in the mean time.

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
I tried it again, but this time I properly stalled the car. Don't want to try it again in case I mess my clutch up.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise