Is this normal?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
When my car is parked and the engine running, if i turn the steering wheel from left to right in short movements, it makes a sort of clunking noise, but doesnt sound as if its metal on metal?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I had the car in recently to get some bushes replaced, surely they would have noticed if these were faulty at the time or maybe the garage is not mentioning this to me because the car is under warranty (garage took 8 attempts to 'see' that bushes were worn). Also, is there any way i could check these myself and is there any other symtoms of this problem?

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
8 attempts!

Took mine in and was found to be borderline but got the new ones approved to be changed under warranty.

If its does it on bumps and steering its most likely the drop links. They tend to go after 4 years or so, depends on mileage. Cracking on the rubber bits is easy way to spot it.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
8 attempts!

Took mine in and was found to be borderline but got the new ones approved to be changed under warranty.

If its does it on bumps and steering its most likely the drop links. They tend to go after 4 years or so, depends on mileage. Cracking on the rubber bits is easy way to spot it.

The car does clunk when turning and going over small bumps for example bumping over the entrance to my driveway (about 15mm bump) and you can feel it through the steering. The car is a 57 plate with 24k on the clock

qwert

Jan 13, 2008
Its a common fault with Ibizas, mine is the same and has been into possibly the worst Seat dealer in the world (Cambridge) no less than 6 times. Each time nothing wrong apparently. Learned to live with it!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Its a common fault with Ibizas, mine is the same and has been into possibly the worst Seat dealer in the world (Cambridge) no less than 6 times. Each time nothing wrong apparently. Learned to live with it!

What causes it though?