Issues to look for

courty

Oct 26, 2021
Evening,
Test driving a brand new 245 tomorrow with the probability of purchase if it ticks the boxes.

I'm coming from an Octavia VRS and aware of some of the issues the mk4 VRS has shown in the past year, read on Skoda forums not my car personally.

Question is, as I've only got the car for 30mins are there any quick tests I could perform to see if it's going to be plagued? Or have the issues been resolved now on 71 plates?

TIA

Tylos

Aug 21, 2021
Are you talking about the 2.0 TSI 245 or the 245 Plug-In Hybrid ? The 245 2.0 TSI, seems to be pretty rare.
In the in end it is a sharper GTI and should perform so.

courty

Oct 26, 2021
Are you talking about the 2.0 TSI 245 or the 245 Plug-In Hybrid ? The 245 2.0 TSI, seems to be pretty rare.
In the in end it is a sharper GTI and should perform so.

The 2.0 TSI variant.

Are all of the software issues linked to early cars or is it pot-luck?

Tylos

Aug 21, 2021
Especially the adjustment of the damper settings has been very slow. Try the individual mode. It should be possible to adjust the damper with 15 ticks. Clicking from one tick to another tick is showing the performence of the software.
However, I would also say that vehicles with newer software should perform better.
After you drive it, can you tell us if there is a Cupra mode in the 245 TSI?

courty

Oct 26, 2021
Especially the adjustment of the damper settings has been very slow. Try the individual mode. It should be possible to adjust the damper with 15 ticks. Clicking from one tick to another tick is showing the performence of the software.
However, I would also say that vehicles with newer software should perform better.
After you drive it, can you tell us if there is a Cupra mode in the 245 TSI?

Hi
Test drive happened this morning. It was nice, signed for and hopefully collect next week if dvla can sort my plate swap swiftly.

It did have a cupra mode, sounded quite nice, is it through the speakers like VRS mode in my current octavia or through the pipes do you think?

Couldn't seem to turn off lane assist but hoping I can code it out.

Quick pic of it but hoping for more when I collect it 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20211027_104427.jpg
    IMG_20211027_104427.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 129

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
Yeah mate, that's what I mean - PITA that aspect lol.
Ah ok, I'm with you now. Yeah, it's the first "assist" that I turn off each time I get in the car. Some might advocate for it but I find it a hindrance, not a help.

Stebb

Dec 28, 2010
Machynlleth
Motorways its ok as it disables when you indicate to change lanes, but on smaller roads it seems to have a varying effect - the car almost tries to steer itself around some corners but just gets it plain wrong on others, then beeps at you.
You can cancel it via the steering wheel or one of the /// panels on the infotainment screen - either way requires several selections to achieve.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi
Test drive happened this morning. It was nice, signed for and hopefully collect next week if dvla can sort my plate swap swiftly.

It did have a cupra mode, sounded quite nice, is it through the speakers like VRS mode in my current octavia or through the pipes do you think?

Couldn't seem to turn off lane assist but hoping I can code it out.

Quick pic of it but hoping for more when I collect it 👍
Work colleagues son has one and he loves the sound through the exhaust (deep sound he says) and he’s had it 6 weeks with no issues. It’s the same interior of the Formentor so I was curious as I’d got a new V2.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise