Its arrived!!!!!!

rich225cupra

Jan 5, 2010
Sheffield
hi all. i went to collect my LCR lastnight. absolutly love it. its fast as fook, looks awesome and handles brilliant. As me being a mechanic i thought id get it up on ramp today and have a check over her. To put it quite mellow im a tad angry. The n/s/r inicator bulb is as white as a reverse light, the cigar lighter is inop (no ipod:cry:), the rear wash doesnt work, the aircon is inop which has no gas in at all, my radio doesnt hold its stations after ignition off and ive only had her 24h. :censored:. [:@]

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
hi all. i went to collect my LCR lastnight. absolutly love it. its fast as fook, looks awesome and handles brilliant. As me being a mechanic i thought id get it up on ramp today and have a check over her. To put it quite mellow im a tad angry. The n/s/r inicator bulb is as white as a reverse light, the cigar lighter is inop (no ipod:cry:), the rear wash doesnt work, the aircon is inop which has no gas in at all, my radio doesnt hold its stations after ignition off and ive only had her 24h. :censored:. [:@]

Indicator bulb - new bulb
Cigarette lighter - new one from ebay, not very much, possibly fuse?
Rear washer - again, possibly fuse?
Air con - regas, no biggie
Radio - Standard or aftermarket? If aftermarket, a lot don't. You need to change a couple of pins on the iso connector

Couple of those are annoying(rear washer and cigarette lighter), plus should have told you about A/C, but did you not check it first? Not the end of the world. They probably didn't know about the bulb. Not trying to tell you what to do, you're a mechanic and probably know a helluva lot more than me, but they should be quick, easy fixes for a man of your knowledge ;)

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
they are just a few niggly jobs and nothing major so enjoy your ride fella and sort the problems out slowly. your advantage is that you are a mechanic so can fix these issues yourself.

rich225cupra

Jan 5, 2010
Sheffield
its a after market head unit. ive rung the garage tonight playing hell with them because the sales man was bigging up the prechecks they have. i know and hope there simple jobs because its going back next wed to be seen to. its just a lot of messin about for me. i still love her tho:)

jamiebennett81

Sorry you are angry because? Oh yes, you failed to do a simple number of checks when buying the vehicle or did you buy it blindfolded. Private or dealer it's your task to check these things. Only thing to be angry at is yourself mate, sorry.

rich225cupra

Jan 5, 2010
Sheffield
Sorry you are angry because? Oh yes, you failed to do a simple number of checks when buying the vehicle or did you buy it blindfolded. Private or dealer it's your task to check these things. Only thing to be angry at is yourself mate, sorry.

yes ok i dint do a thorough check but you think its acceptable to send a car out like that then, if they said its been done on a check sheet which ive seen id expect it to be working. would you?

jamiebennett81

yes ok i dint do a thorough check but you think its acceptable to send a car out like that then, if they said its been done on a check sheet which ive seen id expect it to be working. would you?

1. You trust a garage?
2. Ignorance is bliss?
3. Just because some one says they will do it, you still believe them? Even less so with someone you don't know

rich225cupra

Jan 5, 2010
Sheffield
i think if id have done that at my place of work id have been sacked without a doubt. yeah you have to check what your buying but the garage must make sure its all ok according to the check sheet they have ticked

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
radio you will need to switch the yellow and red wires at the back, they will have bullet connectors so easy enuf :)

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
My rear washer stopped working. Something just popped off apparently but the local dealer reseated it while it was in for service and it's perfect now. As for the lighter socket, pop the ashtray out (pop it down, undo the one screw and pull it forward) and make sure that it's connected too. Just something else to look at and simple to do

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.