I've always wondered......

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
........just how old some of you guys are.

I know this is isn't very mk2 specific, BUT I'm only interested in knowing how old YOU mk2 peeps are as I spend most of my time talking/replying to you and not the Leon,mk4, etc lot ;). Just lets me paint a rough stereotypical image in my head :lol: I'm asking because some of you mention college, some Uni, some of you mention your little ones, so just wondering how old you are as this forum doesn't show it.

I'll start, and hopefully will get some replies

Personally I'm only 18 (19 in 3 months :D ) and currently at Uni

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
Im 21 And on placement year at norwich union (this was how i afforded to upgrade my 20 year old peugeot 309 to a 99 reg 1.4 ibiza!)

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Howdy.

I'm positively ancient at 33! Although I will have owned my Ibiza GTi for 10 (yep ten) years in March. Originally bought as a fresh faced 23 year old as I could afford the group 10 insurance compared to 14 for the equivalent Golf.

Been through all the phases - big wheels, big stereo etc. etc. Now the car has taken on a new lease of life as my trackday toy. Still going strong at 103,000 miles although now needs a new clutch (still on original) and rear wheel bearings.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
23 currently, 24 at the end of may

graduated uni in 2005 hence still on a mk2 1.4, and putting previous ibiza in a ditch did not help

moving on to a mk4 tdi sport ibiza in a few months though

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Czechboy im quite jealous you can afford the car youve got being a student n 18!! :cry:

Yeah, but don't think my parents paid for anything, its all hard work sweat and tears. Basically the summer I finished college, and just before I started uni, I had 4 months summer holiday. And I have spent those 4 months working 60 hours a week. and except for the Friday nights at the pub I managed to save up most of that money as I don't smoke and don't spend it on drugs :funk: . Add on top £1000 I got for my 1.4 Ibiza. Meaning I had about £4000 to part with :D, £2500 for the car, £1250 for the insurance. Left with £250 for petrol :lol: I had to get my weekend job back tho, as I have cambelt change coming up. As for next years insurance.......I'll have to earn money for that next summer :)

Mig

Kai_1600

Shallow
Dec 10, 2005
Manchester
Im doing a terrible job on cars, 25 and driving a 1.6 SXE - looking for a new car at the moment but need 5 doors to get the gf's little un in and she doesnt like the leon (at all)

To be fair i was a london boy for 22 years and only learnt to drive last year :$

Her having a kid ruined my upgrade plan of Mk3 Cupra then LCR as my NCB built up :(

EssexIbiza1985

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah, but don't think my parents paid for anything, its all hard work sweat and tears. Basically the summer I finished college, and just before I started uni, I had 4 months summer holiday. And I have spent those 4 months working 60 hours a week. and except for the Friday nights at the pub I managed to save up most of that money as I don't smoke and don't spend it on drugs :funk: . Add on top £1000 I got for my 1.4 Ibiza. Meaning I had about £4000 to part with :D, £2500 for the car, £1250 for the insurance. Left with £250 for petrol :lol: I had to get my weekend job back tho, as I have cambelt change coming up. As for next years insurance.......I'll have to earn money for that next summer :)

Mig

Well done mate... my problem is i cant seem to save my money and most of it is p***** down the drain at weekends! maybe i should think about cutting back on my liver killing expenses lol

Jwalker

Lo all thought this might be a good time to say hello new to this forum,

im 20, soon to be 21 in a few months and i drive a red mk2 ibiza cupra 16v

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise