I've lost my FSH book!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Nightmare!
I can't find it anywhere!

I'll keep searching for it, but im not confident in finding it i must admit.
I've looked everywhere i can think of, its not in the book i got with the car, not in the car itself, not in any drawers in the house where i keep other paperwork and car related items.

It does have FSH but i can't prove it without the book can i?
Also, i plan on selling my car soon and without this proof i'll loose money and the buyer will be suspicious. :cry:

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Oh good! I breath a sigh of relief! I'll give my local one a call.
A charge is the least of my worries, i just really want one!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Right! I've ordered a new service book, but my local Seat in Cambridge can't stamp it as they dont have any records, that will be because i bought it in Leicestershire.
I will have to ring up Francis Seat in Leicester and try and get some more info on the car.

I might ring the independant dealer who i bought it from and see if they can shed some more light.

It's very much piecing together a puzzle!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I would be suspicious of a stamped up book, all with the same stamp, the same pen, the same handwriting

with no separate invoices to back it up

to me, it's as good as no history at all (because a book of fresh stamps is not FSSH)

Far too many stamps robbed from dealers each year by staff / sold on ebay to 'make your own' FSSH

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Owh! Well, it might not be that bad because Francis Seat in Leicester serviced it in 05, 06 and 07.
So that will be 3 stamps by the same people, so same pen and handwriting, but you would have to be suspicious enough to think the seller has bought them on e-bay and stamped the book up. I know a lot of people would do that but there's not a lot i can do about it to be fair.

I now need to find out where the car was bought from new, and try and trace it back for services.
It is interesting doing this actually. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.