jacking points

lakey83

this might be a stupid question but could some one tell me where the jacking points are on my lcr? could i use my trolley jack on the normal points?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
if you can got a trolley jack that doesn't have a decent rubber pad to jack on you will bu**er the oem jacking points doing this - the lip that the scissor jack clips around gets crushed very easily. At the front I jack off the subframe mounting bolts, at the back where the swing-arms locate to the body.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
OK, once I've jacked the car up on the jacking points, where do I put my axle stands? And does anyone have a photo?

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
OK, once I've jacked the car up on the jacking points, where do I put my axle stands? And does anyone have a photo?

Any one got an answer to this? I was gonna do an oil change today but given up cos I wasnt sure the best place to place the axle stands. I had jacked the car using a trolley jack on a big bolt on the sub frame but not sure where is a strong part to put the stands.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
well I've had a good search and I think a good place is where the two rails (box sections??) that are part of the chassis on the side of the car, as it curves down from the front, there's a reinforced section that should be ok. can someone confirm this is good??

dkw

Jan 23, 2009
if i was you i wouldnt remove the jacking point covers, their an absolute nightmare to get back on.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
well I've had a good search and I think a good place is where the two rails (box sections??) that are part of the chassis on the side of the car, as it curves down from the front, there's a reinforced section that should be ok. can someone confirm this is good??

Yes I jack mine up here.

I put small trolly jack under sill lip just to raise it up enough to get a proper trolly jack under the chassis sections.

dylantuk

Leon Cupra R (225)
Jan 29, 2009
Wokingham
Anyone got photos of these points? I'm planning on storing the car for a few days without wheels and looking for an alternative to the normal jacking points.

Thanks

xDaNx

if you can got a trolley jack that doesn't have a decent rubber pad to jack on you will bu**er the oem jacking points doing this - the lip that the scissor jack clips around gets crushed very easily. At the front I jack off the subframe mounting bolts, at the back where the swing-arms locate to the body.
Exactly this ^ (found out the hard way), and just put stands under the chassis rail things. :)

Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
yeh the solid part on the box section is good. its the part at the front with the rubber bung in it, you can see its reinforced just by looking, 2 inches back its not strong enough and will crease. (experience talking here) :(

Last edited:

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
I use a block of wood with a channel cut out placed on top of trolley jack so as not to knacker up the sills. Tho garage or tyre fitters have still managed to spoil what were pristine straight sills/lips despite my efforts. Never take the covers off either, no need when using trolley, then axle stands for security

Tbh if your not sure how to jack a car up properly and don't have someone to actually show you how then don't do it, my dad had a friend that lost his arm through not knowing what he was doing car fell off the stand and brake disc landed on his arm, not cool, by all means learn but be safe

dylantuk

Leon Cupra R (225)
Jan 29, 2009
Wokingham
I get where the front points are but not the rear. It's not really the points I need for jacking, just somewhere to place the stands or blocks to support the car without wheels..

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise