Jet Wash

funkymunkyuk

Hi,

I have tried searching but no luck.

I am thinking of buying a little jet wash for my Tdi Cupra. I have seen one with the built in detergent container.

Are they ay good and can you put normal shampoo in the containor or do you need special chemical stuff for jet washes?

Cheers,
Nick

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
My father's got a jet wash that has a bottle attached that you can put the shampoo in. The manufacturer recommended their stuff but that's to be expected, not sure if you can put any stuff in though, if it's too thick then it may not mix properly, if it's too soapy you could just end up with loads of foam coming out.

The jet wash would be useful in this weather to get the crap out of the wheel arches though and should make rinsing the soap off a bit easier, plus you can use it to clean the drive and slabs around the house so it would be useful for other stuff

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
If your usual shampoo is too thick then you could water it down first.
TBH I don't rate power washers for cleaning cars. You don't want too much pressure or else you run the risk of buggering up seals or pulling paint off. There's not much benefit over using a hosepipe with a trigger gun, if you want to get your car clean you're going to have to use a washmitt anyway.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I have a Karcher pressure washer with all the car cleaning toys, but to be honest you dont need them. The power nossle is great for loosening dirt up and getting the wheel arches and alloys spotless. Never had any issues with it damaging my cars even my 88 polo which was mostly composed of rust. Mine also has a mixer on i've found that if you slightly water down some car detergent and put it in a big old coffee jar (as mine sucks it in) then this lasts the wash. :)

funkymunkyuk

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help. I bought one yesterday, an urge just grabbed me!

Gave it a go with some autoglym shampoo and think it does need watering down. What about using some not too strong special pressure washer detergent to get rid of most of the crap before shampooing properly?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
yeah the Karcher people do some of that for mine, i just wonder if cud actually have any adverse effects on the car due to the fact that it seems to be multipurpose, although i havent used it on my cupra, it didnt seem to do anything too terrible to my older cars.

funkymunkyuk

Hmm,

I suppose its a bit of a gamble really but the people where I got it from ( reputable karcher / cleaning company ) said that it would be ok. Just dilute it 1:50.

I have got the Autoglym lifeshine treatment on mine so what do u recon?

funkymunkyuk

yes mate I will try that and keep you posted. Always anxious when it comes to trying something for the first time on the paintwork!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.