just back from my star RR

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
as the title above says....

got up early this morning to make the drive from aberdeen to kirkauldy to star performance. got there at about 9ish and it opened at 10. so i was able to get on the RR.

in the end, i was forth on.

ended up with 177.7 bhp at the fly
136 at the wheels.

very chuffed.

got a video, and will get pics of the graph on soon.

**didnt like the feeling when mines is on the rollers, heart was pumping**

cheers:clap:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
a non balls out map can be mapped for torque rather than bhp. can i ask why only minor when reliability is fine for a 190-200 map? torque would be up again also (circa 220-230 lb/f)

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
he didnt really speak much... lol it was just jim. then he had someone to help him who didnt work there.

but when my car had done its run, he spoke a bit more. should be down again nearer febuary time... to get the k03s remapped. (which i bought from you matt)

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
just the fmic to buy.

bought the k03s a while ago, 100cel cat is sitting with the full stainless system (blueflame)

they car will be completley finished by feb. got the fk silverline x's coilovers, so he will be doin a wheel alignment. the brembo brakes and seat sport wheels.

he seemed quite surprised what i had sitting for it.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I've got a map from Jim @ Star and its quite conservative i'd agree. Peaks just over 14psi, makes around 210lbft and 200bhp and runs a 14.6 @ 100mph 1/4 mile.

Cars basically standard apart from the remap too.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
mine wasnt mapped at star, it was bought in newcastle. but i would have preffered a star remap. when i get it mapped for the k03s, i dont really want all out power. just enought will do it.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
i know that feeling, always scared i wont get the results i want!

Good results, stars rollers are good, did he tempt you with a map while u were there ;)

we all know the feeling!! i could feel my chest flexing my heart was beating so hard! i was more worries the thing would come off the rollers tho!

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
I think I just missed you mate. I had just arrived when I saw a silver Ibiza (I assume it was yours) pulling away from the car park.
It was a good day out, I was there more for the detailing stuff than the rolling road, some nice cars were there too.
You also missed what looked like a Group Buy of Clio's as well. I think about 10-15 of them arrived and then went away at the same time :D
Alex

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
yeh. we left at 12.30ish, had been there since 9. was down early for the RR.

alot of clio's, some had good power.... and jim was hitting the limiter in them aswell.

some guy in a m3, 1994 model was desperate to get on, he got on - made shite power and wheel spun all the way up the car park, and up the road. lol

bucky boy

mk3 ibiza cupra owner
Jan 27, 2005
scotland
what did the bmw make mate as i spoke to him as i thought it was the 3.2 evo and he said that the evos were not that good and he expected more out of his.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
i dont know the precise figure, he went on after me - so by the time i parked my car and had a look about - he was gone. but heard he wasnt happy.

how long did you stay for.?

bucky boy

mk3 ibiza cupra owner
Jan 27, 2005
scotland
rr

about 14.30 my son loved it just like me mate.U missed all the m5 and m6,s.Spoke to jim about the k03s and the map got to phone him once the cash clears.Will need to try and organise a mk3 cupra meet would be fun either down here or up your end as i have family in inverness and aberdeen.

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
a mk3 would be good - would have to be down at star tho. would prefer it to be at an actual vag tuner. my k03s swap will be done by febuary, and mapped soon after. but an seat meet at star would be nice!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.