Just hit 10k

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Having owned my Exeo since October last year, I've just hit the 10k mark!

Bang on target for my expect 15k/year annual mileage.

Had my 10k service today, which came in at a respectible £93 :)

Only other thing that I'm going to need to look at paying out for in the next month or two, is a new set of front tyres. They're both down to about 3mm according to the service report today. Which means I've done 10k on 5mm of rubber, i.e. 2k/mm, meaning I can get another 2k out of these before replacing them. I'm not going to run them as low as the legal 1.6mm as it's just not worth it. Have priced up some Avon ZZ3's at £75 per tyre (+ fitting). I has the ZZ3's on my LCR and got approx 12k out of the fronts, and they were an excellent tyre, so I'm more than happy to fit them to the Exeo.

Current MPG is coming in at about 54mpg on a long run, and about 48mpg on the daily commute.

The only 'issue' that I've got with the car, is the 'grinding' when on full-lock. Had the car in to the local dealership a coupe of months ago, and they confirmed that they can hear the noise, but don't know what's causing it. They've submitted a report to Seat UK, and I'm hoping to hear back from them this week (nudge Darryl ;) ).

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Andy,

I have heard of this noise from the front, it is reported alot on the Audi forum. Alot of guys said it reduced/went away when new tyres fitted. Audi recognised the noise, but I dont know if there was a satisfactory explanation about it. See how you get on with new Avons. I had 13K out of the front & still have 4 mm left on them. Goodyear Eagles.

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Yeah, I've read on the Audi forums about the juddering/noise coming from the front wheels when on full-lock, this is something to do with the angle of the front wheels, and the CV joint.

However, the noise on mine is more of a grinding even at very low speeds (when reversing on to my drive for example), and sounds like metal-on-metal rather than the wheels loosing traction on the road, as per the Audi problem.

I've noticed it since the car was relatively new, and the local Seat dealer had it in, back in Feb I think. Will give them a call today, seeing as they haven't called me so far this week :whistle:

Thyper

8 Weeks old and just hit 2k. Did a 1200 mile round trip to Scotland recently and managed to average 42.4 MPG with a boot full of junk and 4 up. Not too sure if that is good or bad for a new engine?

Brimmed the tank for the trip home and got the miles left in the tank up to 695, just could not get passed the 700! Still had 200 miles or a third of a tank left when we got home.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise