Just ordered a new Cupra and have some questions...

Wee-nemo

'13 Cupra - Nevada White
Nov 17, 2013
Aberdeen

Just checked Pistonheads Cupra VS Polo GTI review and they say that the Cupra is 5mm lower than FR and FR is 15mm lower than standard Ibiza. So Cupra is 20mm lower than standard Ibiza.

If that's the case, the normal Ibiza must be on stilts, either that or they simply forgot to put lowered springs on mine at the factory - 50mm between the tread and arch, and they could do with coming out at least 10mm too so they don't look so lost inside the arches.

KK

Ibiza FR & 205 GTI
Nov 24, 2013
Stoke
Cause the backs higher as standard I think, it's why the h&r lowers the rear 40mm ain't it?

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
I finally have the time to pick up the car. Next friday 9.00 I´ll be finally getting my hands on the new car :funk:.

What have you checked when picking up the car? The chassis of course and paintjob for dents and scratches, interior so it wont be dirty or plastics scratched etc, engine to tick over nicely, check all the gadgets and extras. What else? Got my dealer to get me some extra oil, code the automatic rear wiper off and gauge staging on, remove all the stickers etc, check the wheel alligments in a few hundred km. Does anything else to ask come to mind?

Kkp0897

Check paint work for swirls if they have polished it post delivery to the dealership
If no car mats, ask them to throw some in
Check they have supplied the right amount of delivery fuel, usually half tank right?
While Bluetooth isn't visible as a module, make sure you can pair your phone rather going home and find it out it doesn't exist or doesn't work
Make sure you have all your books/paperwork before leaving
Besides the wheel alignment, can't you have them carry a complimentary vehicle checkpoint after 1000 miles?

What is the auto wiper thing you mentioned and gauge stage?

Good luck with the collection

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Check paint work for swirls if they have polished it post delivery to the dealership
If no car mats, ask them to throw some in
Check they have supplied the right amount of delivery fuel, usually half tank right?
While Bluetooth isn't visible as a module, make sure you can pair your phone rather going home and find it out it doesn't exist or doesn't work
Make sure you have all your books/paperwork before leaving
Besides the wheel alignment, can't you have them carry a complimentary vehicle checkpoint after 1000 miles?

What is the auto wiper thing you mentioned and gauge stage?

Good luck with the collection

Yeah, those are the things Im planing to check, especially the SPS as I want to be sure the BT streaming works properly etc.

No need for a checkup as I have all the needed tools to check things myself (VCDS included) and I trust myself more than the dealer.

The automatic rear wiper wipes the rear window automatically when you engage reverse if front wipers are active. As I don't need it and don't want to scratch the rear window I asked them to deactivate it. The gauge staging is just a gauge test that is done every time you switch ignition on. It runs the gauges from zero to max and thats all. It not useful but a nice little detail.

Kkp0897

Ah right, gauge stage... Otherwise known as a needle sweep right?

Also is the vcds the same cable as an audi?

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Ah right, gauge stage... Otherwise known as a needle sweep right?

Also is the vcds the same cable as an audi?
Same thing, many names. Needle sweep, cluster check, gauge stage, gauge celebration etc.

And yeah, VCDS is the same system in every Vag brand. I have used mine on Audis and Skodas.

hutchy1011

Cupra 280!
Dec 30, 2013
Greenock, Scotland
One quick thing I done when I first got my boc was take out the centre silencer from my stock exhaust. Gives it a little purr when idle and driving. Just a cheap little mod while u get a miltek

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
One quick thing I done when I first got my boc was take out the centre silencer from my stock exhaust. Gives it a little purr when idle and driving. Just a cheap little mod while u get a miltek

Cant really do that as if I upgrade the exhaust it has to be a complete one just to be able to return the car to full stock exhaust if I have any engine issues etc. Or if the centre silencer is just a bit that can be removed from original exhaust without destroying/cutting the original pipes it would be ok to do.

hutchy1011

Cupra 280!
Dec 30, 2013
Greenock, Scotland
Cant really do that as if I upgrade the exhaust it has to be a complete one just to be able to return the car to full stock exhaust if I have any engine issues etc. Or if the centre silencer is just a bit that can be removed from original exhaust without destroying/cutting the original pipes it would be ok to do.

It's basically just cutting the silencer out and welding a straight through pipe in its place, you can keep the silencer and have it welded back on if needed. Iv had warranty work and also insurance work done and had no issues with it.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
If all you want is sound just remove the rear seats and you'll hear the exhaust 5 times louder (in car), no mod, no cost.

Uhh... maybe no... And as I said, I dont intend to cut the original exhaust. If it was a removable part that I could change to a straight pipe I would do it straight away but as it is not I keep it original until I feel the need to change the exhaust to Miltek catback or something similar.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
Bear in mind if you do wish to change to a Milltek, the oem system needs to be cut off.

Were designers really so stupid that the exhaust cant be removed without cutting it? Well that might change it, but I´ll have to see/hear/feel the car first and drive it a while to know is custom exhaust needed.

JamesT

Mar 18, 2013
Warminster
They weren't stupid - it's for ease of fitment and to reduce cost. It's fitted as one piece and then the rear suspension/beam is fitted over it.

OEM exhaust sounds pretty nice with the seats down, but all you'll hear initially is the soundaktor.

Pyrres

Ibiza Cupra -14
May 2, 2014
Finland
They weren't stupid - it's for ease of fitment and to reduce cost. It's fitted as one piece and then the rear suspension/beam is fitted over it.

OEM exhaust sounds pretty nice with the seats down, but all you'll hear initially is the soundaktor.

Well that depends how you look at it. Im used to cars that you can remove the exhaust in parts or at least by removing a few parts here and there so it slips out in one peace.

And lets see how it sounds without the inside boot lid/deck as I have to get our dog in the rear so it might get a bit more exhaust sound in the cabin.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise