Just soiled myself

rocket_ronnie

Aug 10, 2006
Banbury, Oxfordshire
I was just driving back home when a chav in a golf vr6 thought he'd have a go so i gave it some beans. All was well untill i had to stop!!! i put the brakes on pretty hard and the back of the car tryed to overtake the front and i nearly spun right round!!!

Now why the hell would it do that??

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well one slider pin on each side had siezed on the rear of mine and tended to lock the back wheels after heavy breaking...

was it wet

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
I would second what mork has said and check the bias valve, my rs turbo does this for a few minutes after having the front jacked up placing all the weight on the back wheels and altering the bias valve which in normal use is never at that position.Thanks for the reminder to look at mine :D

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
if you lower the car it thinks its weighed down and the bias valve puts more to the rear, even more dodgy when you lower it then strip it out. i think it can be reset or something but not entirly sure on how.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
this has happened to me before. Very scary, hard braking from about 90mph and the back started to snake.

i didnit read as much into it as valves and weight I just thought.......dont hard break from 90 mph again.

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
i had this i was going down a country lane doing 60 and i saw a car which was in the middle of the lane and guessed it was moving........well it wasnt :-o :drive1::mad:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members