MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
Yes its been done and I'm doing it too.

fd7a908c.jpg

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
At the risk of stating the obvious, the Mk2 Toledo saloon is the basis of the Mk1 Leon hatchback (and both are based on the Mk4 Golf).

BUT

The saloon is stiffer than the hatchback so the Toledo can be made to handle better.

What is more surprising is that the Toledo is lighter than the equivalent Leon - a real win/win :)

That is, unless you need to carry very large items regularly - they won't fit through the boot opening :blink:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
so could you put the mk2 cupra r front end on. or is it a different fit all together. sorry if im boring people here.....

Bumper_012.jpg

my bumper is going in for spraying today. (its platinum and my Tolly is Steel grey)...

Both Cupra and Cupra R bumpers will fit on the Toledo, you need to get Guide profiles though. The aforementioned bumpers are slightly wider than the standard bumper.....in addition there are little spats or extenders for the wheel arch liner......otherwise you have a gap.......these can be made from old arch liner or any black plastic.

You will also notice that the bottom offside grill is off inthe above picture....thats because the towng eye is in the way! it can be removed.........I am cutting mine off.....as most towing is done from the front wheels and locking the steering...(breakdown recovery anyway!)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise