Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Mate, the downpipe gets rid of loads of turbo lag. Feels a lot more responsive. With you already having an intake u might not notice it as much, or it might make it even better!

Even better I think, it's getting rid of another restrictive part. I've post a little review after I get home on the 7th, after I burn a load of vpower testing the downpipe and APR stage 2.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Stop wasting money on downpipes what you need is a gearbox with a LSD in it lol

I'm not wasting money I've had it set aside for a month or 6 week since I put my name down for the group buy.
I still have money set aside just incase a gearbox and LSD comes up for sale, as I really want one but I haven't seen anything yet but I'm watching.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Im hoping to sell it as it is but as we get closer to the time.. it might have to be stripped fully

davea

Aug 21, 2006
Stickney
Well if you do come round to removing some bits I'd be very interested. Side skirts being one item.... Modded engine cover being another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davea

Aug 21, 2006
Stickney
Haha! Ignore me! I thought this was your car thread.... This is kevscupra.. it's late....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Yesterday I met up with Richie and made the trip down to BCS to get a downpipe and sports cat fitted. Richie got the Powervalve fitted to the BCS downpipe he had got previously. The Powervalve is a amazing bit of kit and I'm defiantly getting 1 when I done a few more handling mods.

Anyhow in the end I ended up getting a 100 cell sports cat, as I was told it would pass its MOT no problem. Not really had chance to test it out yet but the power does come in sooner and I think it sounds a tiny bit better. Couple of pics of the downpipe and sports cat.

It looks huge compared to the standard downpipe.

We were at BCS longer than expected so I never had time to get to Awesome for my stage 2 upgrade.
I've rebooked with Awesome and I'm heading down on the 23rd so I'll get stage 2 uploaded then. I also cancelled my THS torque mount from Awesome and ordered a Awesome ALK to pick up when I'm down there.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I LOVE how good that straight 3" downpipe looks, proper beasty as fook!!!

It does look beasty as fook, like you said yesterday it's a shame to put such a nice looking mod where it can't be seen.

How much did you guys pay for the downpipe/sport cat?

I sent BCS an email a few weeks ago, but didnt get a reply.

I got my downpipe and sport cat on the group buy on the mk5golfgti forum so I got it at a very good price of £490 I think, actually I think it might have been £480. It was either £480 or £490 can't remember and it was only yesterday, must be a sign of getting old. lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.