Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Or just fit the autotech internals that does the exact same thing and save a fortune lol

I would rather spend an extra £150 and get APR to do it as they put a years warranty on it. But even if I did get the autotech internals by the time I've paid for them to be fit there wouldn't be much difference in price.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I would rather spend an extra £150 and get APR to do it as they put a years warranty on it. But even if I did get the autotech internals by the time I've paid for them to be fit there wouldn't be much difference in price.

Plus, isn't the piston bigger in the apr internals?? Read that the design is better than the auto tech ones

But not sure if auto tech has changed since then

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Plus, isn't the piston bigger in the apr internals?? Read that the design is better than the auto tech ones

But not sure if auto tech has changed since then

Sure I've read somewhere that the autotech is prone to failure eventually and will then break other things and cost you lots of pennies.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Sure I've read somewhere that the autotech is prone to failure eventually and will then break other things and cost you lots of pennies.

I read that too mate, but that was from 2 years ago. There was a thread on the MK5GTI forum and some people claim they'd ran it for 40,000 miles with no problems

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland

I read that too mate, but that was from 2 years ago. There was a thread on the MK5GTI forum and some people claim they'd ran it for 40,000 miles with no problems

That was with the old kmd internals afaik.

WeeG has ran his with the autotech unit for a good while without any problems as have I.

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington

WeeG has ran his with the autotech unit for a good while without any problems as have I.

Thing is tho mate, the only time you read about these things is when they break and that is probs 1 out of 100000000 lol

Still going with APR though.:whistle:

EDIT: it's a bit like you going for the Revo intake, there was nowt wrong with your evoms one lol :p

(But tbf u did get the revo one for a mint price!)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
cars coming along very well kev
if id have the money id change my autotech internals for a Loba pump ;)

Cheers mate, I have looked at the Loba pumps and if I never bought this second hand standard hpfp to rebuild I would have bought a Loba pump over a new APR pump, because it cheaper and people rated them highly.

The only autotech internals I've heard of failing is when they have been fit badly or not in a clean environment.

Thing is tho mate, the only time you read about these things is when they break and that is probs 1 out of 100000000 lol

Still going with APR though.:whistle:

This statement is very true, might only be 1 that fails due to incorrect fitting but ends up giving them a bad reputation.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
A little bit of an update, yesterday morning I finally got round to fitting my boost gauge, pillar pod and APR boost tap. For the fitting I followed the guide on here which was very helpful and wired it up using the instructions I got with it.

While looking through the instruction I found a receipt for the boost tap and the name on the receipt was Kev's who had the car before me. I thought it was strange how I bought something used 3rd hand and it returned to the car it was originally bought for.

Here is pics of everything fitted.
APR boost tap, needs rotating 90 degrees anti clockwise

null_zpsae29f74e.jpg

Pillar pod and boost gauge fitted

null_zps27b1fb48.jpg

null_zps1b9fa8a4.jpg

In the dark

null_zps38dfbfa4.jpg

null_zps409e24e7.jpg

Went for a spin today to see what boost my car was making don't know if its right or not but APR stage 1 peak boost at 22-23 psi and dropping to 17-18 psi at the redline. My numbers might be a little out as I could only look briefly as the roads I was on were not the best for not watching where you are going.

Also yesterday while I had time I fit my battery box to tidy my engine bay up, and fit mudflaps to try keep the back abit cleaner in winter.

Engine bay before

IMG_2689.jpg

Battery box fitted and it looks loads better that the felt original one.

null_zps964fd8e4.jpg

Mudflaps

44e36833-9bbf-4be8-9810-07d7ac1e8317.jpg

Next Saturday I'm off down to Aks to get Aks Big Brake Kit fit, 4 pot Brembo calipers with 370mm floating disc. Should stop a lot quick next week, then am thinking of booking myself in at Croft for a track day in November.
forgot to ask ya kev
did you paint or wrap the nomad gauge pod?
mines not in the best condition lol? and its gotta look good for me hehe

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R, now APR stage 2

Had my car serviced and MOT'd today. 2nd MOT 1st advisory a little chip on the windscreen which was fixed late on last year so I'll have to get it done again.

My BCS 100 cell cat passed the emissions test, which I'm happy about.

Hopefully this Saturday I can get my ALK, adjustable ball joints fit and replace all the bolts I've removed fitting my handling mods with new bolts.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Any updates kev? Interested to hear how the ALK and arbs have made a difference! And the gauge was easy enough to do you say if I was to follow the guide on here?

The H&R arbs are on, I'm impressed with them I set the front to soft and the rear to hard. My car now turns in a lot better and changes direction loads smoother. More stable in the corners as well. I highly recommend fitting the H&R arbs to improve handling.

ALK isn't on yet as I couldn't remove the standard bushes myself. So I'm booked in at Stattlers to have ALK and SuperPro adjustable ball joints fit, after they are on I'm getting fast road alignment/geom done.

Yeah I follow the guide on and it's easy to do, a couple of bits are a little awkward like feeding the cable behind the dash and feeding it from the engine bay to inside the cabin. A straighten out old metal wire coat hanger is very handy to have.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
You coming up for the track night in a few weeks bud???

I really want to, and it would be a very good test for my fast road alignment as I'm getting it done the day before. But the server isn't working on the forum so I can't sign up to it, and unless your a member they won't let you sign up. I spoke to Andrew about it and hopefully be sorted soon.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Gimmie your user name and full name on that site mate and I'll add you to the list now.

Thanks mate, but I've managed to sort it, I've just put my name down.
I reset my password (the 1 never received) they emailed me a link to reset it and job was sorted.
Can't wait now, always wanted to go round Knockhill circuit.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Thanks mate, but I've managed to sort it, I've just put my name down.
I reset my password (the 1 never received) they emailed me a link to reset it and job was sorted.
Can't wait now, always wanted to go round Knockhill circuit.

Had to move to another server :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise