Kev's Mk2 Leon Cupra R now APR stage 2+

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Went down to BCS today to get my Powervalve system fit. Got to say how the guys at BCS are the so helpful, friendly and provide a top quality service. The products they sell are unreal and sound amazing. Here is a couple of pics so you can see the quality your selfs.....

Looks incredible. Yellow and black aswell *drool*

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Looks incredible. Yellow and black aswell *drool*

Cheers Walshy, yellow and black must be one of the best colour combinations.

I received a email off Nige at BCS yesterday with the pics he took on Monday, so I'll get them posted when I get home later.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Pics from Nige, I can't recommend the powervalve system enough and the experience of getting the system fit at BCS.

The last pic of the yellow S3 with my Cupra R in the back ground, the S3 was in for a Powervalve system after me. The S3 was a very nice car, looked well in yellow.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
A couple of things turned up today.

The eBay turbo discharge pipe and the throttle pipe. Got these second hand but unused, so new but at a discounted price.

Also the polar fis advanced can't wait to get this fitted and have a play.

The R-Tech pcv delete is currently discounted, I seen it advertised on FB so I thought I would get it ordered while it was £89. When I was on the R-Tech developments website I done a bit a browsing and ended up ordering the Peron intercooler aswell, (it's meant to be the best ic). So in a couple of weeks I'll have everything ready to fit for stage 2+, can't wait just need to find the time to fit everything.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
So I fitted the Polar Fis Advanced today, was going to follow a guide I found on YouTube for a mk6 golf which I thought would be the same, which wasn't at all when I removed the trim for the OBD port and found the red plug right at the front of the dash.

So I search for a guide and found this, http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/showthread.php?353-Fis-installation-in-a-Leon-Cupra-(1P)-(ANSWERED)

This meant going in through the back of the dash, removing the the wind screen trim, wiper motor and in through this link hatch.

Once removed just I just folded the sound proof back and the gateway was right there.
I plugged everything in and fed the wire and Polar Fis to the OBD port so it's easier to get in and update if need.

Socket for the USB is pointing down to the brake pedal and the polar fis is cable tied to a bracket that the heat blower is held by.

All sorted so put the car back together and went for a test drive, and had a play with the mfd set up, very happy with everything, I'm going to have a go with the 0-60 timer later on and see how I get on.

Not sure what the oil temp being at -60 is, I'll have a play see what happens.

Just after I got home from my test drive, this arrived.

All I'm waiting on now is my Peron ic, which I was told 10 day delivery so should be here a week Wednesday.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Sweet, I'll have a ganders at the link,

What tools did you use? I might try this tonight

How much easier would it be if you could just reach through the obd access

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
You need a socket to remove the wiper think it was 13mm (might have been 15mm) a torque bit to remove the metal trim (2 nuts, 1 each side of the engine bay) to get to the wiper motor and the same torque bit to remove the wiper motor (2 screws). Then a 10mm socket to removed the 3 nuts holding the little hatch in place. The same 10mm socket to disconnect the battery.

When you put the wiper motor back in make sure the pin goes in the rubber bush is the back of the motor to stop it moving about.
The wiper motor it fidderly to get out once it's unplugged and unscrewed, it's a snug fit and takes a bit of manovering to get out.

Last edited:

HachE

Dec 13, 2015
You see -60 in oil temp because cupra doesnt have oil temp sensor
Part number of the back mud guards ?

Sorry for my english mate

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
You see -60 in oil temp because cupra doesnt have oil temp sensor

Part number of the back mud guards ?

Sorry for my english mate

Some did but the 2010 LCR press cars didn't

Rear Mud guard part number is 1P0075101.

Since I seen the -60 oil temp I done research and come to the conclusion that because mine was one of the early Cupra R's that it didn't have the the oil temp sensor.

Thanks for confirming that guys.

Since I don't have the oil temp sensor I've changed a few reading for the engine temp, rad temp so I can keep an eye on them.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Lovely .:R you got there!

I've just picked up a blue one this weekend! Absolutely love it.

Are you from around kendal area? As I'm sure i saw you going for a blast up shap way a few weeks ago?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Cheers,

I am a fan of the blue Cupra R the colour suits the car really well.

I'm from Penrith, it could of been me as I have been from Kendal and back over Shap a couple of times in the last month. It's a good fun road up up out of Kendal. Are you local to Kendal?

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Yeah, I live in kendal.

I was in the works van and saw and heard you flying past. Sounded awesome. I was also looking at getting the BCS system for mine.

Whats next in the pipeline for yours? Are you ready for stage 2+ now?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Yeah, I live in kendal.

I was in the works van and saw and heard you flying past. Sounded awesome. I was also looking at getting the BCS system for mine.

Whats next in the pipeline for yours? Are you ready for stage 2+ now?

Im glad it sounds awesome, I've only really heard 1 drive by which was when I got the exhaust fit. Nige and the team at BCS are top guys, really friendly and so helpful and the exhaust are top quality, I recommend them highly.

Currently I've got APR stage 2 software, I'm waiting on my Peron intercooler being made as they are on back order at the minute. Once I get the Peron ic delivered I'll be fitting APR rfd, RS4 fprv, cleaning the inlet valves, eBay CTS copy throttle and turbo discharge pipes and the Peron ic, then I'll be getting the APR stage 2+ software uploaded.

I'll thinking I might get the Forge throttle body hose and AKS throttle body spacer for wmi and fit them while the inlet manifold was off.

And that will be it for now, I keep thinking TTE 420 and supporting mods but I'll see how the car handles stage 2+ first.

Have you go many plans for your R?

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Im glad it sounds awesome, I've only really heard 1 drive by which was when I got the exhaust fit. Nige and the team at BCS are top guys, really friendly and so helpful and the exhaust are top quality, I recommend them highly.

Currently I've got APR stage 2 software, I'm waiting on my Peron intercooler being made as they are on back order at the minute. Once I get the Peron ic delivered I'll be fitting APR rfd, RS4 fprv, cleaning the inlet valves, eBay CTS copy throttle and turbo discharge pipes and the Peron ic, then I'll be getting the APR stage 2+ software uploaded.

I'll thinking I might get the Forge throttle body hose and AKS throttle body spacer for wmi and fit them while the inlet manifold was off.

And that will be it for now, I keep thinking TTE 420 and supporting mods but I'll see how the car handles stage 2+ first.

Have you go many plans for your R?

Would be nice to see how it handles at stage 2+! I'm looking at getting mine to stage 2+ as well with APR eventually but I'm in no rush.

I'm still getting used to it, so mods will be slow and come over time. It's my first petrol turbo car I've owned. Had a Audi s6 4.2 v8 auto before this which standard was 340hp but the Cupra R feels so much faster.

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Would be nice to see how it handles at stage 2+! I'm looking at getting mine to stage 2+ as well with APR eventually but I'm in no rush.

I'm still getting used to it, so mods will be slow and come over time. It's my first petrol turbo car I've owned. Had a Audi s6 4.2 v8 auto before this which standard was 340hp but the Cupra R feels so much faster.

Once I've fit everything and got stage 2+ software uploaded, we could meet up and compare 2+ against standard, go for a run up the top of shap.

Same here, this is my 1st turbo petrol car. Your Cupra R will probably feel faster because it'll be a lot lighter than the A6.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Once I've fit everything and got stage 2+ software uploaded, we could meet up and compare 2+ against standard, go for a run up the top of shap.

Same here, this is my 1st turbo petrol car. Your Cupra R will probably feel faster because it'll be a lot lighter than the A6.

Yeah, definitely! Would be awesome to have a look around this in the flesh!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members