Key fob assistance please

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Hi All

My wife's mk1 Leon key fob has stopped working and on closer inspection one of the three chips on the PCB inside the fob has completely detached itself from the circuit board. We may have to get a new fob but Id like to have a go at getting it soldered back on, the problem I have is I need to know which way the chip goes on, so I wondered if anyone could kindly open up their fob as if to change the battery then either have a look and reply back, or take a macro photo of the PCB so I can see? For reference, its the chip that only has two solder points and is closest to the writing on the PCB, I think it's the frequency crystal as it looks the same as this, with a frequency numbering on top. If someone could tell me which way up the writing is in relation to either the PCB label, or the other chips that would be great (might need your digi camera in macro mode to see the writing if you've got crap eyesight like me though!)

cheers
Chris

Last edited:

andyc58

Aug 24, 2009
I had same prob.Brought a new fob of ebay for £15.Put my key on it and programmed it in and it works fine.Bargain for £15

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Cheers, I would get a new fob but we're about to sell it and will no doubt get bent over and screwed on price as a trade-in, so I'm not keen on spending any more than I really have to on it hence having a go at a DIY repair if possible :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise