Key Fob Battery

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi All,

After doing the fuse 38 re-location & de-lock, I'll now have to keep some speare key fob batteries in the boot of the car incase they run out.

Anyone know what type to get ?

Thanks

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Just pulled my (old fashioned) key apart and looked at the battery for you.
It a Panasonic CR 2032 3v
if i do you any more favours this week i'm going to have charge you ;-)

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
If you get a flip key with blank blade off ebay you just need to get it cut for about Five quid and then swap transponders over, OR recode a blank transponder using vag-com (i don't know how to do this) but there is a catch.....
You will have to refit the lock in the drivers door in order to code the key, but it can be set back to delocked once it's coded.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham

Adibutti

AdiButti
Apr 3, 2006
Lincolnshire
ps - can i get any VAG flip key (VW Audi etc), or does it specifically have to be a SEAT one

i belive you do cos you have 2 code the key using the barrell and ignition.

the key your looking for in a 433Mhz or 434Mhz. it will say it on the side of your key now. both work ie if u have 433, 434 will work and visa versa.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
ps - can i get any VAG flip key (VW Audi etc), or does it specifically have to be a SEAT one

So long as it is either 433 or 434MHZ it will work. VW round the figure up or down but the frequency is the same on all of them, just its something daft like 433.234 (for EG) so it gets rounded off.
My "old fashioned" key was 433 but my flip key is 434. no probs swapping them.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Excellent guys - another few quid spent........... lol

How do I programme the new key then with the barrel in the door again ? Is there a certain sequence to this ?

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Excellent guys - another few quid spent........... lol

How do I programme the new key then with the barrel in the door again ? Is there a certain sequence to this ?

I'll dig it out and send it you mate. Its peice of cake to do but annoying that you have to refit the lock first.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Here is the guide. Its easy enough to follow if you remember that you leave the original key in the ignition, and use the new flip key (or any other key) to do the rest.
Key Fob Programming
VW/ Audi/ Seat/ Skoda

Remote Control Programming (1997 ON)
Procedure
Switch Ignition ON and leave key in the ignition.
Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key
Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn will sound once.
Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.
Note: When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure is exactly the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for different remote.
For example: If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.
Switch ignition OFF.
Remove key from ignition and check for operation.
The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.
The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote control.

Remote Control Erasing (1997 ON)
Procedure
Switch ignition ON and leave key in the ignition.
Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key.
Press the remote control unlock button 5 times in 1-second intervals.
A short horn will sound.
Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate memory erase.
Switch ignition OFF, all remotes are now tuned in..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members