key fob

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
the fob for my 1.8SE stopped working a few weeks ago, but fortunately a new battery fixed that.
I bought a tdi toledo yesterday, and didn't find out until I got home that the fob doesn't work (no red light), so took it apart, and saw piece of paper covering connector, pulled it out, but still no light. So I bought a replacement battery this morning but the red light still does not work. Does that mean the fob is foobar? Best option to get a replacement fob off ebay and reprogram?

dgallagher

What year is the TDI?
What is the part number and MHZ it runs on?

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
its a 2000. Not sure on part number, mhz appears to be 433mhz, but I don't know which is P/N. Saying that, I could probably work it out, I wasn't even aware there were numbers stamped on the side of my key until just now.

dgallagher

You will need to find the EO number this will look like this : 1M095753C this will ensure you get the propoer key for it. All the UK and EU keys are 433mhz i am 99% sure of it.

dazzer

the fob for my 1.8SE stopped working a few weeks ago, but fortunately a new battery fixed that.
I bought a tdi toledo yesterday, and didn't find out until I got home that the fob doesn't work (no red light), so took it apart, and saw piece of paper covering connector, pulled it out, but still no light. So I bought a replacement battery this morning but the red light still does not work. Does that mean the fob is foobar? Best option to get a replacement fob off ebay and reprogram?

hi i had the same problem with mine dealer was 80 quid for the top part and to program it but i got one off ebay for 20 and just gotr to link it to the car hope this helps