Key Not Detected Issue

Nov 19, 2021
I’m happy to be part of this forum and finally owning my first car, but I’m sadly running into issues with this car and can’t seem to fix them.
Feel free to take a look at the issue:

• Model: Leon 5D - KL12CR
  • Software: 1325

The key fob is not detected inside the car. An error message shows up on the screen stating: “Key not detected. Hold key next to marked surface. Please consult vehicle wallet.”
I have went through the owner’s manual and am doing everything as stated.
I had first received only one key with my car from the dealership. After several months I had finally received my second key and coded both new at the dealership.

At first I thought the issue lied in the key, and I waited for the second key to test if the issue persisted, unfortunately it did, which meant the issue was very likely in the car itself. Starting the car is a hit or miss but it works well in the ‘emergency start’ which operates using NFC rather than RF which leads me to think the RF module is malfunctioning. I have also noticed the car key flashing red 2 times when I press the Start Stop Engine button. I have tried everything there is to try. I have sent the car to the service center under warranty and they haven’t been able to do anything or find the fault for months. The last thing they have done was scanning the car using ODIS but not finding any errors. I think that’s logical because the car is just not detecting the key, why would it show an error, it just thinks the key isn’t in the car. I have communicated this with them, but all they have been telling me for weeks is that they are contacting Seat/VW and checking the issue.

I have honestly become impatient. I have personally talked to the technicians working on my car and they don’t seem very professional and skilled. At some point they stole money from my car.

I have raised this issue with the Consumer Protection Agency in Egypt but it would be much more helpful to solve through contacting someone in a higher position to do something, emailing Seat customer service just redirects me to my service center, who already know the issue but aren’t doing jack **** about it.

TL;DR: bought a brand new Seat Leon 2021 in June this year, the car won’t detect either keys inside the car, and the only way to start it is using the cup holder which acts as the emergency start function. Service center doing fuckall, and I’m majorly setback due to not having the car as it’s sitting at the service center.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members