Ko4 turbo swap ??

oggydoodaa

Dec 13, 2015
Basingstoke
Hello guys, just bought a Ko4 turbo for my Leon cupra it currently has a Ko3s installed, just need some advice on how it goes together, is it a straight swap out or do I need some other things, the Ko4 has all the oil feed and drain lines still attached.

Appreciate the help!

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Obviously the downpipe and boost pipes all differ.
Also the K04 has an EGT probe as well.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

oggydoodaa

Dec 13, 2015
Basingstoke
So I'll need a new downpipe and a new intake pipe to the turbo, I'm assuming all my other pipes will be ok? What about the EGT? I'm assuming the Ko3s doesn't have one, can I plug the hole or will I need to wire in the sensor?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hey mate sooo I’ve done this swap a few times now in Germany

This is what we are typically swapping over

All of the parts mentioned come from S3,Cupra R, and TT 225hp

Turbo
Turbo TIP
Exhaust mani
Intercoolers
Intake mani with fuel rail and FPR
MAF
injectors
Boost pipes and matching hoses/brackets
Turbo oil pipes
Turbo coolant pipes
Some different vac pipes

Then you can pretty much get it tuned or remapped as a cupra R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oggydoodaa

Dec 13, 2015
Basingstoke
Hey mate sooo I’ve done this swap a few times now in Germany

This is what we are typically swapping over

All of the parts mentioned come from S3,Cupra R, and TT 225hp

Turbo
Turbo TIP
Exhaust mani
Intercoolers
Intake mani with fuel rail and FPR
MAF
injectors
Boost pipes and matching hoses/brackets
Turbo oil pipes
Turbo coolant pipes
Some different vac pipes

Then you can pretty much get it tuned or remapped as a cupra R

I'm not going big power, or cupra R power, just want a Ko4 and a little map for it to bring the car up to standard as it were, I'm looking for a fmic or the dual wing intercoolers and obvs the required bits but for now that's about it

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I'm not going big power, or cupra R power, just want a Ko4 and a little map for it to bring the car up to standard as it were, I'm looking for a fmic or the dual wing intercoolers and obvs the required bits but for now that's about it

I've never heard of anyone getting a ko4 and a custom map, and not getting all the easier cheaper supporting mods.

Will it even be making use of the ko4 without the bigger injectors etc? Seems like a lot of trouble when you could simply get a stage 1 map and be 200hp+

oggydoodaa

Dec 13, 2015
Basingstoke
I've never heard of anyone getting a ko4 and a custom map, and not getting all the easier cheaper supporting mods.

Will it even be making use of the ko4 without the bigger injectors etc? Seems like a lot of trouble when you could simply get a stage 1 map and be 200hp+
Well the ko4 I've bought is lower milage than my ko3, I just want the car to be reliable as it's a daily, obvs 200+hp is right on the ko3 limit whereas the ko4 is capable of more power, I'm currently looking for the exhaust and intake, the turbo itself has all the oil pipes on it and I'm going to do a engine bay tidy and delete all the vac lines that aren't required. It's also if I do want to go bigger power I can as it's already mostly set up.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Well the ko4 I've bought is lower milage than my ko3, I just want the car to be reliable as it's a daily, obvs 200+hp is right on the ko3 limit whereas the ko4 is capable of more power, I'm currently looking for the exhaust and intake, the turbo itself has all the oil pipes on it and I'm going to do a engine bay tidy and delete all the vac lines that aren't required. It's also if I do want to go bigger power I can as it's already mostly set up.
Fair enough! was just curious lol

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I only gave you the parts list of a complete k04 conversion. Ok you don’t NEED some parts

Scratch off MAF 4bar FPR and turbo TIP but most of what I said is the conversion. Due to the manifold and turbo setup being different from k03.

You could do an FMIC in the opposite direction but it’s a bit weird

Reactions: oggydoodaa
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise