laguna fmic install

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
hi guys, im fitting my laguna fmic on saturday and was just wondering if theres anything important i should know before i start, and if anyone could give me a quick run down on what to do , whats the best way to join the pipes so the wont unattach? and how to remove the front bumper, any help would be great guys thanks, daz

flashbsd

did you not get my guide? :doh:

It tells you all but removing the bumper, forge do a guide for this though. its 2 min job to get bumper off.

You need some good hose clips, metal hose joiners (preferable to have a beaded end to grip hoses)

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
i have the metal joiners and will get the clips, some of the joiners are beaded but not all of them, i never recieved your guide flash and didnt want to bother you as ive prob been gettin on you nerves, am i right in thinking i need an angle grinder? and are there any other speacial tools? i was going to give the joiners a rough edge with sand paper to help it grip, what you think?

flashbsd

pm me your email and ill send it over again matey, im sure it will be in my sent folder. :)

Ive tried all tricks with hose joiners, unless you have a machine to etch grips into the joiner, give up, they blow straight off. I have some joiners here if you want any?

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
problem is they didnt have a long 135 deg bend so im using 63mm alu pipe, (the only bit not beaded btw) and a small 135, what if i silicone the bloody thing on aswell as rough the edges and clamp it, that must hold

pint_of_stella

Sep 24, 2004
Woking, Surrey
Had a quick chat to a mate who had one of these intercoolers and he had negative things to say about them? I think the car ran shite with it on? He's a member on here (Luke.)

I don't know all the ins and outs of the problem, but i thought it was worth a mention before you fit it. Maybe PM him for more info? Sure he won't mind.

flashbsd

i know somebody used huge pipework, and caused boost issues.

Ive seen 4 of these working in person now, running k03/k03s turbos and theyre fine.

get him to post up issues he had and what pipework he used, might shed some light onto it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members