• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Steve-Formentor

Active Member
Jan 21, 2026
52
34
74
Only had the car a few days and already had a bad experience with Lane Assist. I forgot to de-activate it before setting out on a short journey today and, in the attached pic (taken from Google maps as I don't have a dashcam yet) , where the exit is, the car suddenly lurched to the right to take the exit that I didn't want to take. I realise that the road markings there are not good but that is typical in Spain. Heaven knows what the drivers behind me thought as well as the brief panic that washed over me. Definitely going to get this disabled.
 

Attachments

  • lane-assist-foible.jpg
    lane-assist-foible.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 182
I've been thinking... Pay £300, or turn off Lane Assist every time you drive? Maybe I'll buy petrol with the £300 and wait for a cheaper solution.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Seastormer
I installed a Burteq adapter in my 2022 model year. Plugs into the harness below your steering wheel. Keeps driver profile, lane assist setting and start/stop setting between car starts :) No more fiddling every time I start the car, deffinetley worth it for me.

Just be sure to disconnect/reconnect the battery in one confident go or the car might not want to start without disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again.