Lane Assist Query

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
Only had the Formentor for 6 days, it's a VZ2 310, 22 plate.

I'm not sure if the lane assist is working as it should or if it is faulty. My last two cars (both Skoda Superb) had lane assist and they would actively steer the car away from a line. The Formentor's lane assist seems to wait till I have veered onto the lane lines before it kicks in, in other words it doesn't keep me roughly centred in the lane. Does that sound right?

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Lane assist only kicks In when u start to veer off to the edge. That is normal in all the cars I have had that had it.

Travel assist will do the steering and keep it in the lane and go around bends etc. Yours should have that too.

Reactions: Dominus

SamuelDonuts

Jan 6, 2017
Midlands
It is the same system but less aggressive than the Mk3s and such. Previously had a Mk3 Leon and Mk3 Octavia with it and was completely different to how both of our Mk4 Leon & Formentor work. From what I remember, they do have the ability to be set to different intervention stages, but that is a VCDS trickery that I haven't personally partaken in.

As above - The VZ2 should have Travel Assist, and when that is activated it'll track straight and true within the lines. You essentially have to activate "cruise control" and then press the button again whilst it is set, to get travel assist.

Reactions: Dominus

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
It is the same system but less aggressive than the Mk3s and such. Previously had a Mk3 Leon and Mk3 Octavia with it and was completely different to how both of our Mk4 Leon & Formentor work. From what I remember, they do have the ability to be set to different intervention stages, but that is a VCDS trickery that I haven't personally partaken in.

As above - The VZ2 should have Travel Assist, and when that is activated it'll track straight and true within the lines. You essentially have to activate "cruise control" and then press the button again whilst it is set, to get travel ass
Thanks for the replies. I ill check if Travel Assist is enabled.

Reactions: bounderboy
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.