larger front mount intercooler

ruben95

May 14, 2016
i followed the guide by turboboy. i think it was anyway. got it all fitted but now ive got a vibration. i believe it to be the radiator as my oem intercooler was the bottom radiator mount and now there is nothing. intercooler isnt touching anything and is secure. could over tightening the top radiator mount bit (t20 screw i think) cause the radiator to sit too close? i didnt go crazy but i put it together with my dewalt impact gun

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
i followed the guide by turboboy. i think it was anyway. got it all fitted but now ive got a vibration. i believe it to be the radiator as my oem intercooler was the bottom radiator mount and now there is nothing. intercooler isnt touching anything and is secure. could over tightening the top radiator mount bit (t20 screw i think) cause the radiator to sit too close? i didnt go crazy but i put it together with my dewalt impact gun

I have recently installed the same thing and when putting it back together my radiator was wobbling like crazy but I noticed it while everything was still stripped down, I took the radiator off again and refitted it and after that it was fine, what holds the radiator like you say is the 2xt20 screws and they screw into a rubber mount, the mount has a slot in which it sits in, make sure the mount is fitted properly back into its slot as I believe that's what caused the problem with me as I really made sure it was right when I made it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruben95

May 14, 2016
thanks for the suggestion i shall have a look on friday!

I have recently installed the same thing and when putting it back together my radiator was wobbling like crazy but I noticed it while everything was still stripped down, I took the radiator off again and refitted it and after that it was fine, what holds the radiator like you say is the 2xt20 screws and they screw into a rubber mount, the mount has a slot in which it sits in, make sure the mount is fitted properly back into its slot as I believe that's what caused the problem with me as I really made sure it was right when I made it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.