mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Yeah mate

The O-Rings are:
3C0 145 117 (small)
3C0 145 117-F (large)

You need x2 small ones for turbo outlet pipe and all other intercooler pipe seals are the large ones.

I got them from a seat parts dealer.
Hope you appreciate this as it took me ages to find the parts numbers haha :D
Even parts dealer didn't know at first

Another question on these O-Rings, are they needed for the hard pipe replacement? Isn't it just silicone pipe over metal, where do the seals go? I can understand where they go on the turbo pipe but not the hard intercooler pipe :blink:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Fitted the forge pancake replacement pipe yesterday.

Used the smallest adapter to mount the sensor

I'm losing a touch of boost now but that's just a minor adjustment somewhere, I'll check that soon.

Also, the turbo outlet pipe needs fitting soon, I ran out of light last night and now I'm reluctant to ramp the car up again because of the drivers tyre below. Anybody ever had this problem before? That tyre is only 7000 miles old. Been wondering why I've been losing so much pressure!

The bumper is a touch lighter now.

I also have a few maintenance items piling up which I will get round to doing soon.

Me again with another question haha, the pic saying the bumper is lighter and you holding plastic, did you have to cut it for the pancake pipe replacement?

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
in case you dont get an answer as soon as you need it,yes you do need to cut part of the back of the bumper to allow for the pancake pipe to fit.

Awesome thanks mate. The reason is ask is because my car is in the garage, the turbo blew last week, I asked if seat could fit my forge pipes whilst they replace the turbo and intercooler etc and they said they can't fit one, I'm guessing it's this one as they won't be willing to cut my bumper.

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Progress has been slow lately. Have the car a much needed deep clean..
Washed, waxed and interior cleaned.

Really impressed with how my seats came up, as everyone knows the cloth seats stain easily, but this stuff made light work of them. The dirt that came out of them was shocking - the towel was the same colour on both sides!

The result

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Hi mate, a while ago you posted a pic about your Kumho tyres splitting on the inside wall, well my car failed it's MOT yesterday on the exact same thing, I had to get 2 brand new tyres, the garage said it was a dodgy batch of tyres, the tyre place I took it back to said I had been running them too low in terms of pressure. My tyres are checked every week and are 30psi, Seat say 29psi. The tyre bloke is going to speak to the Kumho rep and see if he can get my some sort of compensation. I had done about 10k since last July when I had them fitted.

Did you ever do anything about yours?

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Hi mj, just replied in the mk4 section mate. Never ended up doing anything with mine, thought it may have been a one-off so I bought a replacement Kuhmo.
Will definitely be looking around when I'm due to replace mine now that you've had the same problem!

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Small aesthetic mod. Wrapped the bottom lip of the front bumper today.
I've messed one side up, so I'm not happy with the finish.
Ran out of vinyl so it will have to do until I get some more
Looks okay from a distance :redface:

Last edited:

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
The car has just had a full service at 76000 miles and I've also been busy today.

Picked up some new drop links

Treated myself to new set of ratchet stands from halfrauds

My bits and pieces have arrived to refurb the brakes, so I started on them today.
Done the fronts today, but still have the rear calipers to do yet.

Before starting - they needed doing, they looked awful

Firstly I have them a good sponge down with warm water and soap, wire brushed them and sanded them back to remove any lose paint and dirt/brake dust

Then I taped them up and gave them a first coat

3rd and final coat with the tape and paper off

Final result after sanding back the lettering

Quite happy with the final result

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
The End

Well the day has come :cry:
Work are giving me a car allowance, but the catch is that my vehicle must be under 5yrs old which means the cupra must go.
Got quite attached to this car and will really miss it!

Next up though is a Fiesta ST-3. Going to miss the torque of the ibiza though.
Thanks for all the help and knowledge everyone.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Not been on here for ages, just seen your awesome work on the calipers, well done, and the sad news that the car will be going (maybe has gone by now). Thanks for all your help, you inspired me to do a lot of the mods I have done!

Lavery

Apr 12, 2013
Leigh, Lancashire
Not been on here for ages, just seen your awesome work on the calipers, well done, and the sad news that the car will be going (maybe has gone by now). Thanks for all your help, you inspired me to do a lot of the mods I have done!

I never saw this reply, sorry pal! Thanks for the kind words.
Well Saturday was the day and I nearly shed a year as it pulled off my drive for it's journey to it's new home in Scotland :cry:
Really gonna miss this car.

Its replacement should blunt the pain though.
Pictures will hopefully be uploaded next week :)