LCR Guide

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The wheel section has a typo regarding tyres. It states the same sizes for both 17" and 18" wheels :)

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Very interesting and have saved a copy. More differences for the Cupra R than meets the eye.

I bet a lot of people aren't aware of some of these features such as the coolant circulation after the engine is switched off.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Seen some of the images before, but not all in the same place. Some useful info there, obviously an early document. Nice images showing the difference between Recaro and "Sporty" seats.

Some useful diagnostic info & wiring/sensor names too.

I like how the Brembos are pink. Maybe they are supposed to be that colour...

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I bet a lot of people aren't aware of some of these features such as the coolant circulation after the engine is switched off.

My thoughts exactly, people always say that the pump only pumps water round the system to cool it and thats why you should leave the engine running but that document suggests that the cooling pump is designed to cool things like the turbo. :shrug:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
now now, no need for sarcasm. :) I was pointing out that lots of people on here suggest that the pump does not cool the turbo because it doesnt pump any oil.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I pee on my turbo after every long run. Much more satisfying and the aroma. mmmm mmmm

:happy:

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Wow excellent post, i was very suprised to find the turbo can handle 2.1bar, i have read several times on here not to go over 1.5bar as you will fcuk your turbo

"This has been designed exclusively for this engine and is capable of providing a boost
pressure of up to 2.1 bars."

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Wow excellent post, i was very suprised to find the turbo can handle 2.1bar, i have read several times on here not to go over 1.5bar as you will fcuk your turbo

"This has been designed exclusively for this engine and is capable of providing a boost
pressure of up to 2.1 bars."

Of up to......assuming that's a boost spike not maintained?